Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

FULL ARTICLE: http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/05/23/breaking-news-david-tom-out-burgess-jenkins-in-as-billy-on-the-young-and-the-restless

Why the hell would they do this?! David Tom was doing an excellent job and already we have Kelly, Phyllis and Adam are being recast and now an unnecessary Billy recast? I'm so over this show. It's very mediocre as it is and all of this isn't helping. What direction could they be taking him in? David Tom has won an EMMY as Billy, has chemistry with his family and love interests. He started at the climax of a huge story and didn't skip a beat. I'm beyond upset.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you kidding me? I can't believe the extent EVERY REGIME has gone to accommodate AH! SHE IS THE PROBLEM. Clearly, Billy is the father of the kid and they want to go in that direction. Very, very disappointed. DT was the primary reason I got back into Y&R in 1999. I thought he was doing a good job considering the mess of a storyline he walked in.

• Members

Ugh. Once again. Amelia has her way.

She's the one who should be out on her ass.

Sorry. But, that's how I feel about it. I love DT. I was so thrilled when he returned as I watched his version of Billy when I was in my teens. I loved Billy Miller too. But, he decided to move on. He didn't get fired. It was his choice. Firing DT after he's won awards for his portrayal of Billy (back in the day) Just because AH don't have chem with him is fuuuuuuuucked up.

• Members

His Billy was so soulful and he had great qualities of both parents. He worked well with Jack, Jill, Chloe and Chelsea. In fact, I don't think Chelsea ever worked until they brought David Tom on. He is a Y&R actor. There is a reason he and his sister worked on Y&R, they fit the type of what a Y&R actor SHOULD be. I don't think there is any logical reason for this and when you look at all the other recasts, why force this on yourselves?

• Members

So we think AH is the reason for this change. And she doesn't want to work with DT and wanted him gone. This casting is a spit in her eye because what she was angling for was BM to get his job back with some contract where he gets what he wants. JFP said no. I will just get someone else for the role. I am pretty sure this guy can act as he has a decent resume. Take that Amelia! I love JFP ' S business sense and control over the divas (-os) on set.

• Members

I don't really believe Amelia Heinle has the power to get an actor fired. I have a feeling they expected a lot of stuff from his return that wasn't very feasible a decade later, especially when the character and the show have changed so much.

Burgess Jenkins, whose name sounds like an overpriced department store, has some semi-big primetime credits. I wonder if this meant they saw him as a "name."

He's 40 and he sure looks it. It's going to be even more incongruous if they continue writing Billy as a babyish loser.

Archived