Black-ish: Discussion Thread

• Members

I loved this one too. I was cracking up at how they celebrated Mother's Day compared to Father's.  Lucy continues to be the odd-woman out at the job.
I loved Zendaya on the show and Dre knows he was wrong for asking her and not Zoey to star in the commercial. I was LMAO at him and pops and how he was talking about him being an old school father.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This past week's episode was funny -- and it is so like us sometimes too.

I was LMAO at how much they liked the first church because if the short service, but when they went back I was weak that they pretty much did the same thing week to week. I was too through.

Then the black church and how it drones on and on and on forever -- that really is how you feel! But I was LMAO at Ruby's announcements!

• Members

WATCH LAST WEEK'S! SERIOUSLY! Just wait until they get to the black church and how hilarious it is because it really does seem like it goes on and on forever.

This week's was funny -- I loved them dressing up as the first family and Jack as Bo the Dog was SOOOOO CUTE! I LMAO when Zoey was trying to get Dre to recognize who his children were and then when they all laid the smackdown on their cousins. That was a nice touch. I about lost it when Michael Strahan rolled in.

• Members

Meant to post I saw Churched yesterday. The best thing they did was give Jennifer Lewis a contract.  That church service reminded me of my Catholic school days. We had 40 Hours devotion at the church, and it was the longest mass of the year, two hours short of her announcements... Loved both episodes...

• Members

Watched my very first episode of Blackish last night upon y'all's recommendation.  I went to school with one of the cast members and I've seen his posts about the show on FB yet I'd never gotten around to tuning in.  Churched was pretty hilarious.  I must have played Jr. beating that tambourine and Dre's, "What the HELL...?" at least six times.  That and him saying he heard the boy say, "Sha-na-na!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The first haircut by T had me in tears! Then when he basically didn't know what they were talking about and Zoey was saying that's because you're working the angles. OMGGGGGG! This show is a damn mess!

When Ruby said that Bow was Rhonda on Empire! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Bow saying that Christmas does not need a bad bitch. Man, this ep. was so fricking funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived