The Flash: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, this  year has not started out strong.   I like the addition of Jay and Earth 2 but the new romantic interest is just too cute and quirky.  I don't care about Iris' mother and FFed her every scene,   The new Firestorm was introduced rather abruptly and I don't know, am I supposed to automatically be interested in him because he is now Firestorm?   With Ronnie they at least laid some groundwork. 

Arrow is off to a much stronger start.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So...the man in the mask is the real Jay Garrick? And Zoom is somehow managing to impersonate him and be in two places at once? I mean, why would Zoom bother to hide the prisoner's identity if it wasn't because he was impersonating Garrick? The old "prisoner 5x5 code" was a huge tip off, not to mention, I swear in one shot you saw the back of the prisoner's neck, and the hair color looked the same.

That also means that Caitlin's probably "healing" him with the Vector9 serum, thus endangering them all.

• Members

No, Jay Garrick is a total hero in Flash lore and I can't see the show changing that.   I think the real clue is despite Zoom being from Earth 2 his costume is a modified version of Barry's Earth 1 costume.  I am tempted to say Zoom is the so far unseen Jay Garrick from Earth 1.  Everyone has a counterpart but he doesn't seem to unless he appeared in one of the few episodes I missed.  So Zoom could be a Jay Garrick or this prisoner could be the other Jay Garrick but that seems unlikely,.   Other than Barry everyone's counterpart has been opposite, so it might stand to reason Jay's is too.   Another solid episode. 

• Members

I think I need to clarify---I think the prisoner in the mask is the real Earth2 Jay Garrick. And Zoom is impersonating him to the gang on Earth 1.  There's no real reason for Zoom to put a mask over the prisoner's face unless it's someone everyone would recognize. PrisonerX is in this super secret local with only Jesse to see him. "Jay" did show Caitlin the supposed Earth1 "Jay Garrick", because she thought they could use him to try and regenerate Jay's damaged cells. "Jay" told her that Earth1's "Jay Garrick" had been adopted and has a different name and is a professor or teacher or something.

What I don't know is how Zoom might have been in two places at once, if Zoom and "Jay" were ever in the same place at the same time. There was that thing in Season 1 when the team thought they had captured ReverseFlash, but it was just a hologram or something---but I don't remember the deets. (oy, this "science" is a lot more confusing that ST:TNG's ever was. Although maybe I just don't care enough to try and keep it straight.)

• Members

Ok, so I have to have a new theory since clearly I was wrong.   Earth 3 maybe, or evil Zoom Jay is from 1000 years in the future.  Barry will prevent Jay from doing whatever it was that turned him evil, and Zoom will never exist.    The man in the iron mask could be Jay as well plucked from another point in the timestream,