Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeahhhh like I said, stunt casting. Lee himself even said that they wanted people in S1 but no one wanted to touch it until it was a mega hit. The same sparkle that hit the show with its debut was lost on a bloated guest stars/cameos. Those scenes would have been just as good with a non name star.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ronda dies like this:

Cs7FOfNUAAAvUjY.jpg:large

And its not the main story last night!  Anika goes into labor 3 seconds later as Andre is going in on her.  He picks her up and takes her to safety.  At the hospital, she delivers, Cookie gives her condolences to Dre and that is all you get from the death of a major character!  

TRASH!

• Members

‘Empire’ falls but still dominant

The Fox drama maintained its mantle as the highest-rated scripted show on broadcast (at least so far during premiere week), posting a 4.1. That was off nearly 40 percent from last year’s debut, not a huge surprise since the show had been falling most of last season.

Top show of the night in 18-49s

Fox’s “Empire” 9-10 p.m., 4.1 rating.

Top show of the night in 18-34s

Fox’s “Empire” 9-10 p.m., 3.5 rating.

Top show of the night in total viewers

Fox’s “Empire” 9-10 p.m., 10.80 million.

• Members

@ChitHappens I love your reviews on Empire and wholeheartedly agree. 

I still have love for this show, but damn they need to tighten up on the writing. Fans have been screaming for the longest to stop focusing on cameos/stunt casting and get to the core of the show, the Lyons family dynamic, and dammit if they didn't focus on the stunt casting yet again. 

I didn't need the scene with French Montana and Baby. I didn't need the Xzibit story yet. This episode should've focused on Andre losing Rhonda and Anika's baby impacting the family. 

• Members

I will always say that the pacing on this show is its biggest weakness. It just lurches from moment to moment. There were at least three eps worth of plot in this episode. This should've focused Ronda's death and the impact on Dre mixed in with the fallout from the wedding. Next ep the birth of the baby and whatever that stuff with Tariq is then move on to that stuff with Shyne and Jamal's PTSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...