Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

So Lucious' mother is alive. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

The only decent things are:

1) pulling Anika away from obsessing about Hakeem. It was unbelievable. They've made her actions about power/money and focus  more on her relationship with Lucious. 

2) those looks Lucious gives Cookie...especially when she's not looking. 

3) Andre and the performances of Trai Byers 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This show is horrible. It's not even the break neck pacing that's the issue, it's that nothing seems connected in any real way and Empire tries to be like 5 different shows every other week, which destroys every narrative story it tries to implement within record time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched it and I enjoyed it. I have been enjoying the last few episodes of the show. I think it may have been Rhonda that went over the side. I do think that it would be terrible if Anika got away with killing Rhonda's/Andre's baby and also succeeds in killing Rhonda.

But I'm not sure if the writers would have the Lyons lose another grandchild, and that would happen if Anika went over the side and died. Who knows though maybe one of the women will go over the side, but still be hanging on dear life and Andre will rescue them.

I am enjoying Leslie Uggams in her role. Lol, when she told Hakeem that she didn't know why she had originally thought he was ugly. :lol: I am enjoying her interacting with Andre, if she ends up having a favorite grandchild, it should be him, lol.  She has her issues, but I like how matter of fact she is and how she keeps dropping bombshells.

I also like Tyreke and I like that he's Lucious's half-brother. That's a nice little soapy twist. I like that he works for the law and I am interested in seeing how he continues to interact with everyone on canvas. I am also glad to see Tobias Truvillion again, but I do not trust D-Major. 

I definitely think that Lucious was wrong for what he said to Jamal last episode, but I understand him being frustrated with Jamal's relationship with D-Major. D-Major seems shady and untrustworthy and he has been using Jamal. I think that Lucious has a good read on D-Major. I could see D-Major ending up really hurting Jamal.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Rhonda but she aint dead. I bet the season opens up and she is hanging off the side of the building like this

600full-postcards-from-the-edge-screensh

Finale sucked! The episode from last week was better and IMO should have been the finale. The finale dragged on and was too slow. Very predictable too

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Catching up on the 2nd half of the season. I liked the way Mimi and Camilla were dispatched. 

I don't understand why they bothered making Becky and Porscha regulars, then proceed to barely use them.

Hakeem must be hung like an elephant with every woman on the show falling onto that "dee" Camilla, Anika, Tiana and Laura all up on it...

It is good that they really started using Tiana again, I wondered where she was. Three episodes left to go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Exactly B! Did they learn NOTHING from last year? Just because you can doesn't mean you should or at least have the element of surprise with your guest stars. I would rather watch and then see Carey or Diggs or anyone pop up and not know in advance that they are appearing. I still can't believe that Daniels revealed that after the mega ratings and stuff from S1 everyone came out of the woodwork to try and get on the show and they've just let them with no respect to the stories that are going on. It was pointless stuff too.

I can see S3 going the same way as S2 tbh.

• 5 weeks later...