Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Episode 5 was fantastic. The season is finally getting into the groove of things. Lucious is a mess, I know the audience cringes when he says some of the stuff he says about religion. This man is a toxic, self serving, egotistical, maniacal mess and I LOVE IT!!

I'm mad this happens, just as the show goes on a mini-break for the World Series. Hope the Hakeem kidnapping plot, sparks viewer interest enough to return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I like how deep they dug in with Lucious tonight, and how that threesome that just ended with two damaged people who like to pretend they rule the universe. Marisa Tomei is great in this role, though I suspect Lucious is dangerously misjudging just who Mimi was on the phone with.

The whole surrogate son/Electra complex thing with Freda is interesting in that Lucious is using her to supplant his sons, first Hakeem and now Jamal, who is in danger of outshining him. Just a soulful, interesting episode.