• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

+1

The scene with Cookie/Andre and Andre/Lucious were  the best things about the entire episode. We got a sense as to why Lucious feels distant from Andre and does trust him as his own mother was bipolar. And seeing Cookie plead with Andre stay on her side nearly brought me to tears. 

I can do without all the cameos and extra characters. The Lyons clan alone is dynamic enough to stir drama that outsiders are not needed. 

• Members

I can't believe that people were complaining about the first scene in episode 1 and the "political stuff". This type of writing is what sets Empire apart. That was timely and relevant. Fearless from the writers. You just don't see this kind of stuff on scripted series. I see it as no different than when Lucious had to go on TV and explain himself. No different than him defending rap music. Or Lucious telling Andre that no matter what education he has or how many white women he marries he's still black.  That's Empire. Always has been. 

I'm so disappointed in the writing for Jamal. How he treated Lawrence and Michael saying he doesn't like "guys like that". Mr 'I want  to be accepted" cant accept others. Then him choosing the man who put him in a trash can over the woman who rescued him. They are destroying this character slowly. I don't like it. 

I'm loving them delving into Lucious issues with Andre. Not sure I get his distance considering his mother was bipolar but I'm sure they'll cone up with something. Trai Byers did an amazing job tonight. He makes  Andre compelling. 

I miss Tikeem. Never thought I'd say that. 

I like the premise of warring family companies. Matriarch vs patriarch. All these divided loyalties. But at the end of the day they are family and love each other. Lucious might be put out with Cookie but he still loves her. Cookie might be mad at Jamal but she still loves him. 

• Members

It was a good episode and it calmed down in pace. 

But Lyon Dynasty? Oh Lee Daniels, just give Dame Joan Collins a cameo wearing a big mink coat (maybe as a tabloid editor?) and let she and Cookie nod at each other and acknowledge the tribute. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

I have been waiting for an eppy like last night's for quite some time.  Our prayers have been answered.  A million things didn't happen last night and they focused on one story.  

Luscious is such a delicious villain.  I love him so much!  Can't wait for next week.  

Bring in Joan Collins, please, as Rhonda's Gram!!!!!

• Members

"I don't care how good she is, I don't trust her ass!" Cookie always says something hilarious. I like that Anika has ended up on Cookie's team, even though both them would prefer not to work together.

Andre has burned one bridge too many now. I liked that flashback scene with Lucious' mother and how we know she was bipolar as well. Last season, it was stated that the Nation of Islam killed his father, so I hope we find more about that this season. The young Lucious was quite fair skinned, whereas his mother was not, so could it be possible that his father was white? I'm hoping for more flashbacks.

• Members

I'm not one of those fans that thinks every episode needs to be on ten but last nights episode was boring. I don't ever want to hear Lucious rap again. That song was atrocious!!!

I only enjoyed the first segment. 

Empire plumetted to a 5.4 in the 18-49 demos. Get the cancelation police. Empire to be replaced with Minority Report reruns! :lol:

• Members

The best part of yesterday episode is that they want to start their own company. To me their company had everything there they got Andre who the business side. Hakeem the artist, also he wanting to find people. Cookie  being the producer, we know she can do it. & Anika who is the PR person.

• Members

Jamal is a little bitch. I hate the way he treats Cookie and forgets how she was his biggest supporter

Lucious is the devil incarnate. I cant beleive he treated Andrew the way he did after he had that breakdown last season. Like really? 

Edited by Cheap21