Daytime Emmy shockers. Interesting read ------>

• Members

so Ive seen heard two podcasts on Daytime emmy awards

First was Michael Fairman's and they all on the pannel in the last half of the episode. Loved all the lists and everybody ughhh

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/listen-now-soap-nation-live-with-michael-fairman-daytime-emmy-nomination-special/2014/05/01/

Then I watched Soapbox with Lilly & Martha and they had Soap in Depth's Michael Maloney on in the later half. He couldnt get over that OLTL made it over GH cause OLTL only did 40 shows and GH 250 so You cant compare the two

http://tradiov.com/la/videos/soap-box-with-lilly-and-martha-charles-shaughnessy-5-1-14/

MY Take: Dude its based on two episodes only not the full season and OLTL was way better even when it was bad then the whole GH season

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ron Carlivati@carlivatiron 3h

.@AlanSarapa For the record, we didn't submit the Nurses Ball for Writing. We submitted the Patrick/Robin/Emma reunion. Nom-worthy, IMHO.

I can't believe anyone, not even a fan, thought Robin's reunion with her family was enough to garner a nod let alone an award. She stood behind a door for an entire eppy (the panel, of course, didn't see this) and we just had Patty's snot.

To go back to something I believe Vee said - do you really have to watch a soap to vote on if a show is good or if its written/directed well?

• Members

Did they not even watch what they voted on? That's not what I got out of that piece but don't care enough to reread. Didn't the guy say that the judges thought GH was too campy? How did they vote on writing and directing w/out viewing the submission? They don't necessarily have to be regular viewers of the show, right?

• Members

I guess. They thught the NB episode of GH was campy and having Richard Simmons didnt help

Im not sure what Patrick wedding eppy they submitted

If they submitted the one where Robin watched the slowest wedding in America for an hour, I can see why GH was left out

No idea what two episodes OLTL submitted for best show

For Directing, It was the first episode

Kelley Missal submitted episode 3 where she learned Victor was alive and confronted Todd in the hospital room.

• Members

From my admittedly limited understanding of the process is that episodes submitted should be stand-alone episodes. If someone submits an episode where it would've been better to have the context of the previous or the proceeding episodes, I could imagine it being rejected for a nomination.

Does anyone know what AMC submitted? I agree with what you said, Vee. Well stated about the best submission and OLTL being connected to AMC in the entire spectrum of the cast and crew's hard work on both shows.smile.png

• Members

I heard that AMC submitted episodes having to with the Sex Slave story and even though I liked that, maybe voters thought it was hard to watch and thats why they lost a Nod?

• Members

I think it's an outrage about AMC. They should've submitted the episode that's labeled "The Choice" on Hulu - the one in which Cassandra aborts her pregnancy, with Angie talking to the hospital therapist and Bianca remembering her ordeal with Miranda. That was probably the best episode of pure soap opera last year.

• Members

Based on the quote about the DAYS submission, I'm hoping this is finally the year of DAYS. Actually the year of DAYS may have actually happened already and I was just unaware b/c I haven't cared about the Daytime Emmys in like 5 years, but even if it did, I hope it happens again.

• Members

I don't know what OLTL submitted, but I HOPE they submitted right and can win Drama Series. I think choosing Brand New Start (Episode 1) for Directing was a smart choice, but I'm not sure I'd pick that for Drama Series. I think they get two episodes, so I would personally choose the Todd exit episode and then one of the Man of the Year episodes. Not only do I want OLTL to win because I feel it's the best of the nominee's, but I really want hope that these shows could come back. At the very least I want the talent from these shows to work. We've seen a lot of the actors picked up (which is bittersweet), but those writers and producers deserve to work as well.

Archived