DAYS: Greg Vaughan tweets script cover for 9/19/14...

• Members
GREG VAUGHAN TWEETS SCRIPT FOR EPISODE # 12426, AIRING FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19...FORMER SALEMITE LISTED...ONE CHARACTER IN THE HOSPITAL...

Greg Vaughan (Eric) tweeted the script that is taping today, episode # 12426, which will air on Friday, September 19. The cast list featured: Abigail, Ben, Brady, Daniel, EJ, Eric, John, Kristen, Marlena, Sami, Theresa...and Chad. Looks like Chad will be returning from Boston in September. The set list: Brady Pub, Club TBD, DiMera Mansion, EJ's Bed Limbo, Horton Town Square Private Area, John's Hospital Room, Kiriakis Mansion, Kristen's Hotel Room, Nurses' Station.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unreal. Five months. Well I'm assuming they only get script a few days before filming. I suppose if it's the different between no DAYS and stale DAYS, it's OK. I do wonder how they will keep AS' exit under wraps. Because she has a high profile in the mainstream entertainment industry, there will be more interest. It's going to be hard to keep that quiet because even if they filmed the final scenes in secret, there's still months of filming post-Sami that will occur prior to her exit.

• Members

How can they possibly think such an advance schedule is beneficial? Someone should tell these numbskulls that they used to do the shows live.

Really enjoying the lack of detailed spoilers, though. I kind of don't enjoy knowing everything that's going to happen months in advance. To me, being kept in the dark is beneficial.

• Members

They are so far in advance due to trying to save money. When they are not filming in a week (aka dark week) everyone has it off it my understanding that includes any office staff.

They really could take a full month or two off and still be ridiculously ahead.

• Members

Apparently, it's the only way to make the economics of the show work, probably tied into the license fee NBC is willing to pay. It kind of reminds me of the way PC used to film. The biggest problem is that if a story isn't working, they are stuck with it; at the same time, if something does catch fire, they may prematurely end it with no chance to extend it (or by the time they do), it's way too late.

• Members

I understand the filming schedule of doing some 8 episodes a week and eventually being dark for a week or two. But they could seriously take 2 months off and still be way ahead of the game.

Being a half-hour show, B&B has a reduced filming schedule like DAYS by taping two episodes a day, and I think they only film 4 days a week (maybe it's down to 3?). Anyhow, they've cut down costs, yet they aren't filming episodes that are scheduled to air when the next President is in office.

• Members

I really don't get it. You have talented people (Eileen Davidson last time) leaving because of the break neck pace and they are 5 months out! It's hard to believe they can't give people a little more time off here and there, so they aren't motivated to leave as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've made the Port Charles analogy too. PC (at least at the end of its run) did 6months on, 6 months off. Days either needs to adopt some kind of schedule like that (However, with it being an hour long show I don't know how easy that would be) OR they need to do like everyone is suggesting... instead of just taking a "dark" week every so often, they need to double the number of "dark weeks" and then throw in a "dark month" two or three times per year. Heck, they could even do one big "dark" month where everyone is off from the week of Thanksgiving until the 2nd or 3rd week of January, and then have another "dark month" in the summer, like the whole month of July. This kind of schedule would be more a "semester" schedule and they could film from mid January - June and then again from August-Thanksgiving.

Archived