If The Bell Soaps Were cancelled instead, what ABC soaps would the actors have gone too?

• Members

With all the talk over how AMC is taking over Y&R these days, I started to wonder what if things were reversed and Y&R/B&B got cancelled instead, and AMC/OLTL were still on along with GH, where do you think most of the actors would have ended up?.....whether it be vets and other actors.....

I guess it's safe to assume that the ones that were on AMC before it got cancelled like MCE would have probably stayed on as Annie and they probably would have eventually brought back EH and maybe BM in their roles......do you think they would have brought Bergman back as Cliff? JY would def still be playing JR?

I know the Tom siblings were on OLTL, so is it safe to assume they would have been brought back at some point?

I can see them bringing Braeden over to GH to play some over the top villain, especially if Guza was still there....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes I was thinking Serena, haha. I don't really watch that much but I do know she's Scotty Baldwin's daughter, and that she was a blonde little girl.....

I wonder if MTS would have gone to GH as Heather Webber? there was talk that when she first had contract disputes in 2001 GH was thinking of bringing her over as Heather, so I wonder if they would have tried again if Y&R were cancelled.

oh yeah Sharon Case as Dawn Winthrop would probably make a return from the grave too....LOL

it seems like GH would be the winner for picking up Y&R/B&B stars so far.

• Members

Well, location's a BIG help. GH, DAYS, and the Bell soaps are an easy go-between for a lot of them, just like there was a LOT of overlap between AMC and GL.

Peter Bergman would've gone back to AMC, surely. And I could see them trying to bring EB over too to recreate the Jack/Victor feud at AMC (though how successful that would be would be debatable).

Ronn Moss would get a short term role on OLTL as a psycho, surely.

• Members

For AMC, clearly Peter Bergman would come back as Cliff and I could see Melody Thomas Scott as a recast Nina. Eric Braeden could be the new Ross Chandler, which would keep him and Cliff at odds as part of the Cortlandt/Chandler feud. Josh Morrow and Sharon Case could be Bobby Warner and Kelsey Jefferson with Robert Adamson as their biological son, Sam Gray. Kelsey would be in a triangle with Bobby and Michael Muhney as Scott Chandler.

With Megan McTavish constantly being rehired as headwriter, I'd expect Jess Walton to show up as Erica's sister Silver who wasn't actually killed by Natalie after all and for Ross to discover he wasn't Palmer's son, so Braeden & Scott could be reunited as Ross & Nina.

Archived