Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would LOVE if DAYS did what they did for their 21st (random, huh?) and 25th by showing lots of flashbacks and not paying attention to who was playing the role at the time. Instead of choppy editing or half the screen being blurred, they re-aired them as they were originally shown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They need to do something. It's looking pathetic. Hopefully they learned from the Gaston mistake and cast a decent actor as Chad. I don't necessarily think Chad is necessary but we need someone in that age range.

Nathan or Jeremy recast would be nice, though I've grown to like Trevor Donovan over the years. I couldn't see him returning. I think they'd ask Mark Hapka back first as Nathan, even though many didn't think he was good in the role.

• Members

They should bring Jack back from the dead. Maybe he was kidnapped by Victor and brainwashed to forget his life with Jennifer. He could be the show's lead villain again. On his first day back he should kill Daniel.

Jeremy Horton was a disaster. He was an abuser who--if I recall correctly-- never admitted his problem or got treatment. It would have been interesting if his Uncle Jack was on the canvas at the time and had intervened. That would have been a great way of bringing up Jack's rape of Kayla and doing the long-coveted story where Abby found out the truth.

The show hasn't really mentioned Peter Blake since Missy first returned in 2000. (Unless they have done so recently--I don't watch anymore). There was one reference to him in 2002 by Tony (Andre), and another couple of subtle references that same year and in early 03. Peter Brash and Paula Cwigly really seemed to resent the character being excised from history. But other than that there was nothing. I think it is pretty clear that this was part of the deal to bring Missy back in 2000--Peter was erased from the continuity of her story. She has never even mentioned his name, or having been Kristin's SIL (Again, unless something was said recently). So I doubt that he will be coming back. But if he does....then it will definitely be a recast.

It would be interesting to see Susan Flannery as Laura Horton. She and Missy have never been on-screen together.

Archived