Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Members

I didn't include dead characters on my list[although Tony, Jack, Mickey, Lexie and Isabella would top my list]. I included a couple less popular characters[Gwen Davies...the queen of snarky comments, who I believe had a thing for Don Craig back in the day. She also couldn't stand Anna DiMera]. Carly wasn't a favorite of mine, and while Melanie annoyed me for most of her run, she won me over at the end. I couldn't remember Hennig's name, but she was good in the role. I suggested Rebecca LeClair to introduce Dougie to Hope and family[don't remember if they knew he was Doug's]. Jeremy, Dougie, Spencer Olson, Sarah, Sandy, even Nathan could be recast if necessary. I also suggest that they could do story arcs rather than one big story, so that they could play the beats of the various returns. Heck, imagine an episode with Stefano at the cemetery talking to his deceased children by the family mausoleum, and the actors appear on a bench while he speaks to each. There are so many ways to show off their history, I hope they take the opportunity! Wouldn't it be cool if Denise Alexander came on as Anne Milbauer's mom?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It' d be nice to see Renee, Megan, Tony, Benjy, and Lexie. No one said they had to respond[PS]. Classic flashbacks I'd like to see as part of the celebration, wedding scenes, famous deaths, Tom and Alice's anniversary from 1980[just watched it on youtube] in which the whole family joins in on "Always", and, of course the ornaments of all Horton's over the years. Even the old talent show they used to do...with an updated one.

• Members

In addition to everyone that returned for Alice's 2010 funeral, I'd love if they brought back some really obscure characters from the 70's that have been long forgotten. Maybe FINALLY tell us where the hell Tommy Horton Jr. has been all this time! And how about Julie's brother, son, and grandson? If Rick Hearst becomes available, he could reprise the role. By now, Julie must be a great-great-grandmother, the way her lineage ages!

• Members

Jerry Douglas or Don Hastings as Californian brother Tom Horton, Jr. Jennifer Landon as Sarah Horton, Eden Riegel as Spencer Olson, Billy Magnussen as Jeremy Horton, Tom Pelphrey as Nathan Horton. A little cross-daytime casting for characters that have been gone a while. Noelle Beck as Sandy Horton, there are so many former daytimers that would be able to weave in and out of the canvas for a few eppys or more.

• Members

AMEN! Gray Bunny I have been saying for YEARS that this show needs to give us a SOLID answer about Tommy Jr. I know there is speculation that Tommy Jr. may or may not have already been dead by the time Tom died, but its never been clearly addressed. I even pitched a storyline idea a while ago that the show should bring in a short term recurring actor in his early 80s to appear for a 2-3 month stent. The man could appear first as a "mystery old man" creeping around town.. creeping outside the window of the Horton house, creeping in HTS looking at the plaque of Tom and Alice - finally either Julie or Maggie bumps into this guy and scream out "Oh my god! Tommy HOrton!" Over the next few weeks to months Tommy forms a special mentor relationship with Will (how awesome to pass down the Horton legacy to a younger Horton male) and reveals to Will his big secret - that the reason he came back to Salem is because he has leukemia and it is not curable. He wanted to return to Salem one more time and see the Horton legacy. It would be amazing if this 2-3 month arc also occurred over Christmas so that Tommy could take part in a Horton Christmas and hang his ornament on the tree. Finally, after weeks of getting weaker Tommy could pass away with Will, Julie, Maggie, Jennifer, etc at his bedside and have a peaceful death. His funeral could also cue Bill Horton to return for his brother's funeral and we could finally get Bill back home where he belongs to interact with Kate, Lucas, Jennifer, Will and be a true patriarch of this show. :) End of rant.

• Members

Until around 1980,Days had done a good job of keeping the Hortons front and center.

I can understand the decision to drop some of the older members of the clan as the show needed to move forward, but in the process they neglected the core.

By 1990, there were more Hortons offscreen than on.

More of an effort should have been made to mention characters or have returns at Xmas or special events.

Eventually characters like Nathan and Nick were invented because they needed younger Hortons, instead of establishing those characters offscreen so viewers had a sense of familiarity with them when they arrived.

Characters like Sandy and Steve had so much potential to be used in the 80's.

• Members

Scotty Banning would be great. In 1990 he left to attend med school so he could return 24 years later with history but also a clean slate and so much possibility since he has been out of salem so ling. There are many actors who could do Scotty justice

• Members

Don Frabotta lasted from 1974 until 1993 and again from 2000-2004 (funny how he was dumped each time Reilly came onboard), but bringing him back would be nice. On a related note, I'm happy they've kept Henderson around for so long.

Archived