Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Members

I really hope we get to see Marie, Bill, and Laura.. and I agree it would be great to see the 50th usher in some of the characters as permanents. I mean, would it really kill the budget to hire an older male to play Bill for 2 episodes/month (I mean, he could have the same episode guarantee as Jim Reynolds/Josh Taylor) and it would be so refreshing.. he could be there to support Lucas, Jenn, JJ, Will...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
100% agreed. I'm still annoyed they didn't keep Bill and Laura after Alice's memorial, along with Marie, and pop-ins by Melissa (and now Kim). Considering Marie's grandson Nick was on the show why she wasn't boggled my mind. And she was a nun! Hello, she could have been counseling Eric! Same for Melissa and Nathan and now Kim/Shane and Teresa.

Mike, I doubt Roark would return full-time, so instead of them adding Daniel they should have brought on Mike, and considering they had his son Jeremy on in 2006, UM. HELLO DAYS!

I swear this show ...

And Tomlin is the one who HAS used them. I don't get it. At all. Is the show THAT hard up for cash? The cast is sooo thin to me. It needs more people.

And why Carrie got dumped by Tomlin boggled my mind. He used her too! (in a phone call)

I'm still ticked Laura was nothing but a Dannifer prop in her last appearance. And wasn't Nancy on around the same time? Grr ... I want Nancy too! And Craig! Who needs Daniel when we could have Craig? Or Mike? This show pisses me off in their casting choices. Same thing for Melissa Archer. She should have been Sarah Horton. Period.

I know it's still a ways away but I just don't have high hopes for the 50th. I want to, I really really do, but their track record and lack of true interest in the past just bothers me.

• Members

He dumped Carrie because it was the Sami show and when carries around Sami is the bad sister I always thought Carrie would have been the next Marlena not Sami oh well I'm glad you agree with me most people don't and love the show now it's refreshing to hear from people who know the shows history before the Jonas family fun hour

• Members
I wouldn't actually say people are LOVING the show now. The Jonas family gets a LOT of ire but I only visit two soap boards. The offliners seem to just adore Daniel and his toothy bobble head daughter. I'm not one of them. I'm sort of surprised at the positive reaction to Melanie when she's still the exact same to me. She'll have no grey. And I WAS open to her return. But in terms of who to bring back she would have been waaaay on the bottom.

There's no reason the Horton's are pretty much non-existent. Hope and Jen never interact. Lucas never interacts with them. Will can take a flying leap at this point.

I have no issues with Paul. I have no issues with Teresa. I HAD no issues with Kassie as Eve. I'm fine and open to newbies and actors who can actually act, but the balance is terrible. Look at the episode counts? I'm not sure why there's not more upset at it.

Gary Tomlin started off fine. 2013 was fantastic. 2014 has been awful. I mean Sami left to film a freaking a movie. I'm sorry but I still hate her ending. She had a good sendoff but why she left was lame. I mean, I get they want it open for her to return, and use the show as her ATM or when they need a boost of her supposed star power and I agree Sami has left a VOID in this show. She has.

I'm just really disappointed in my show. They can do so much better. It still bothers me how Philip, Jack, Tony, Bo, Steve were all forced off the show, basically, in one way or another. I'm fine with Kayla and Steve not being together, I think it made sense they grew apart. It's silly to me that after HOW many years you wouldn't be different and things wouldn't be the same. Bo's exit was handled TERRIBLY. Tony and Jack should not be dead. Tony is who should have taken over for Stefano, not EJ, who was always laughable to me as a villain. He never seemed to want to be, although I like James Scott.

Bill and Laura should be on recurring. Mike should be the town doctor, not Daniel Jesus. Stephanie should have been recast, not bringing back Melanie. Philip should be on the show and not boring Ben (nothing against Wilson though but all Ben and Abby do is screw).

I could go on but I'll shut up now. And yes, Carrie should have been the new Marlena. EJ should have been obsessed with her. Carrie also worked better with Rafe than Sami ever did. So many missed opportunities.

It's also ludicrous how Shawn and Belle aren't on and almost never mentioned. I'm sorry but they ARE recastable Ken Corday. Start paying attention to your parents show instead of golfing with Josh Taylor, who never should have been cast as Roman Brady. Wayne Northrop should be Roman and be on the show, but he probably would have been forced off too.

• Members

This is Glorious!!! I 100% agree with every single sentence of this post!! It seems that in so many ways Days the past 10-20 years has spent so much time BUILDING UP it's future only to throw it out the door for it's "next" version of its future (Carrie, Shawn, Belle, Chloe, Philip, Stephanie, Chelsea, Nick).... Keep preaching it KMan!!!

• Members

So many options and they made MA Serena instead of Sarah...what a waste. It would be fun to see a family reunion picnic during the summer, a fundraiser gala to raise $ for the hospital[a la Alice's Groucho routine] or something light...even though these writers don't do light, just light sleep. I hope we get a few faves in those months, but they'll be filming September soon, right?

Archived