Peter Reckell On A Possible Return To DAYS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've thought about it...and I don't think so. Newman, IMO, comes closer to being a good recast for Patch, should they ever need one. Bo, OTOH, needs to be played by someone with dark, good looks.

• Members

Even if PR not staying was unexpected TPTB should have planned for this.They could get away with Bo being offscreen 3-6 months max,with an explanation eg Chelsea needs him,he's on assignment etc. Have Hope mention him or show her coming back from seeing him, being slightly annoyed at the situation

Maybe they thought he would come back,but even so there should be Plan B. As soon as Bo was gone have Hope get involved (innocently) with someone new so that if Reckell comes back there is immediately a story there with this other guy's feelings for Hope or if they decide to 'kill' Bo then Hope has someone there to support her through grief and become a fully fledged love interest.

• Members

its ironic and a waste that they set this all up too. They did write Bo out for a couple of months. First to usher Caroline off to get treatment, then to have an extended stay with Shawn and his family and finally they settled on having him in Salem in another room before he went away on assignment. They brought Vargas in and it looked like they were chem testing him with Hope there for a second, but never pursued it. Such a waste bc I think putting them together should have happened

• Members

I think that MarDar would have been better if they had strong day to day writers as well as a strong associate writer. They had good story ideas, but the pacing and day to day writing was pretty uneven. Now, the story ideas suck, but the pacing and day to day writing is pretty good.

I've pretty much stopped watching in 2014.. too many jump the shark moments. Dan/Jen back together, JJ becoming a goody goody, Abby/EJ happened way too quickly without proper build up, John Black coming back, and Bo being a dead beat dad, etc.

I would have had Bo presumed dead last year and had Hope mourning him.. then meeting Aiden and just as they fall in love, Bo is discovered alive. During a conversation Hope had with Julie, she had stated that Bo had loved other women while she was presumed dead but that she hadn't..and had a hard time putting herself in his shoes. It would have been interesting to see Hope being put in his shoes.

• Members

It wouldn't have to be a 80's style adventure. Bope have always been great at helping to drive storylines and there is no reason why they can't do that now. I've read some good suggestions in this thread. I know a lot of people think monogamy is dumb but I think it's special. And that was one of the things I always loved about Hope is that she never cheated on Bo. Only until the stupid "brainwashed Gina" and "Patrick" stuff came along. Even Sheri Anderson said she didn't recognize Bope.

If Peter comes back , I'll start watching DOOL again. But right now DOOL is like GH, I just can't.

• Members

I think as long as KA is there, no. And I feel like Sweeney was with KA on that, but I'm not sure.

Also, wasn't Reckell even talking to the show last year at some point? I think it was after that that Bo just disappeared and became the dead beat dad, before then, like Cheap said, they did all they could to keep him relevant but off-screen.

Archived