March 24-28, 2014: Huge Week For GH

Toups

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were crossover between B&B/Y&R, but not to the extent of the game shows and TT. This was a specific strategy that Angelica McDaniel, the head of CBS Daytime discussed recently in an interview. She indicated that they made a specific effort two years ago to do this on a large-scale ongoing effort in order to provide cohesiveness to the lineup. It was a smart move not to just isolate the two soaps but to broaden their reach as well as tap the soap audiences for the other shows. I wish NBC had a daytime lineup because DAYS is just kind of out there.

• Members

I've said this for a while.. CBS is a PRIME EXAMPLE of cross promotion. Days is a little more of an island out there (and has been for years now). BUT, NBC could still do some cross promotion. How about some week (or even just one day) when either Katy Lee or Hoda is on vacation - how about having Ali Sweeney co-host the 4th hour of the Today Show while one of the ladies is taking the day off! (This would be crazy good cross promotion as this of course would be cross promotion between THREE shows. Today/DOOL/and Biggest Loser.... I know the Today Show interviewed Dena Higley back in in 2008 about the Autism storyline. But now Days is breaking ground with the gay wedding AND they are teamed with the Alzheimer's Association. How about we run a quick story about the Alzheimer's Story with quick interviews from Peggy, Mary Beth, and Kirstian? (of course running in the 3rd or 4th hours of the Today Show - I'm not saying this should be breaking news in the first hour or anything)... As long as Ali is still on the show there is continued resources for cross promotion with TBL - Bob and Jillian have each popped up in Salem once before, but I think it would be great to have them pop up in Salem again. Or how about on TBL a "reward" for the winning team could be a work out with some soap stars (from DOOL of course). I think the opportunities are there - they just aren't really taken advantage of.

• Members

Just to name two: Bob Barker and his models were on B&B in 2002 in a story with Adrienne Frantz (Amber). In 2011 (?) B&B's Nick (Jack Wagner) and Pam (Alley MIlls) went onto TPIR in a three-day-event story with them being actual contestants on the show. This was a much bigger crossover than the 5 seconds snippet on Y&R recently.

• Members

That's awesome for GH as people complaining its looks like cartini has more years at GH. It's crazy a huge gain when no other soap gained, no bad weather to make as an excuse and during spring months when ratings are lower. That's great news for GH.

• Members

Do you even watch GH?

Regardless, congrats to them for the increase. And a weekly high because of anticipated reveal which features Nikolas, Liz and Lulu (long-time characters) makes sense. It's not that he's telling these amazing stories. A climax will almost always guarantee an increase and the episodes weren't bad. If it was like that ALL the time ....

Archived