Stories that you feel personally flopped and could've been better....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I would've preferred for them to just make him another Dimera heir that popped out of nowhere instead of EJ, who's birth story was one of the biggest stories in DAYS history. I mean it isn't like we weren't use to Stefano's mysterious scions popping up in Salem anyways. Might as well have added another one.

• Members

Another one on OLTL was when Nash died. They could have dealt with JESSICA's grief instead of bringing Tess out to play again! Some of her antics were funny and I actually enjoyed Bree Williamson's mugging as Tess but DID stories just make me sick. And it led to her baby dying.

Also, on OLTL, even though I never cared about John and stopped caring about Jessica, the story where they find out about Brody and Natalie hooking up and the babies paternities could have been much better. Instead John did more self pitying and moping than usual, and Tess came out to play yet again. And then they made the repellant loser Robert Ford the father of Jessica's baby. Seeing Jessica get closer to her repellant rapist was the tip of it. It made me stop caring about her for good. Brody taking hostages had some potential but I hated that Ford and John were painted as the big heroes.

• Members

Frankly, I think the timing of Tess's re-emergences had to do with the fact that they couldn't trust Bree Williamson to play (as Jessica) the emotional scenes that the stories dictated. I mean, it was probably easier just to have her play her snarky, campy alter-ego again than it was to have her, you know, act?

• Members

I think she can play a complete bitch but that's it. And Khan, you do make a good point, but many other actors on OLTL were just as bad or worse. Not to mention all the pitiful acting on GH under Cartini's direction.

Another story I thought of on OLTL that really disappointed me and could have been a lot better was Marty going insane after her son was put in prison. Some of the fights between her and Natalie were entertaining but a lot of it was over John. Ugh! The thought of two women like Natalie and Marty fighting over John would be laughable if it wasn't SO incredibly absurd. And then she killed her doctor and tried to kill Natalie and Kelly. She even wanted to make Brody suffer and she held a gun on Matthew and Destiny. And after all that, she even got a "happy ending" when her true love Patrick (thankfully offscreen since I never liked Thorsten Kaye) came for her. Marty and Jess were easily two of the most ruined soap characters ever. Certainly on OLTL!

• Members

That sound you hear? That's Dame Maggie herself, cursing and spitting while she bashes those chumps in the head with her two Oscars. (She might be older than Christmas, but she can still swing with the best of 'em.)

No arguments here. Toward the end of OL's ABC run, just about every actor on the show was mediocre. Of course, you can't help but become mediocre when you're having to perform under Francesca's ridic production schedule.

• Members

I feel comparing ANYBODY to Kick-ass Maggie Smith to be blasphemy but everytime a new casting call for any female (from a teenager to a 40something) BW is mentionned as the biggest fit. Its like no soap can survive if BW isnt part of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another failed storyline involved Stephanie Forrester's death on B&B. It was very distasteful that its main purpose was to prop up Brooke (and the lovely relationship the two of them supposedly had). Eric, as usual, seemed to be an afterthought, and even Ridge was MIA because of the behind-the-scenes drama.

Archived