Stories that you feel personally flopped and could've been better....

• Members

All 4 of these are great examples.

I liked Luke and Noah too. There other major story of Noah marrying Ameera Ali Aziz to keep her in the country was another story that flopped because it could have been much better. And it would have been if they had done a real triangle and had Ameera as a guy. I would have had him come over on a student visa (so no issues with deportation). I would have had Noah initially jealous that the guy got the acceptance that he always wanted from Col. Mayer with the guy not understanding why Noah doesn't like him. Then I would have had them slowly become friends culminating in him saving Noah's life some sort of way. Noah thinks he and the guy are becoming like brothers all the while the guy is building romantic feelings for him. Luke sees this happening and warns Noah that the guy sees him as more than a "brother". Noah doesn't believe it. To prove it is true, Noah sets the guy up some sort of way. Noah confronts him about his sexuality and feelings and he admits it. I just do not like when they throw an opposite sex as angst for same sex relationship. That's not a triangle unless one is bi. It just seems like a cop out.

Nina needed to have way more involvement and screen time with Ronan. The story was wack and I can't conceive any way of changing it that would have saved it. But at least TC would have had more screen time and that would be a victory unto itself.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad that Tucker did not become Ronan's dad. I already hate the fact that they made Devon his son, and then at the 9th hour, made his long lost lover be Genevieve. And while talking about Genevieve, I think that her whole story was a flop and could've been better had they made her a business tycoon/raider instead of having her bite the lips of Tristan Rogers and act campy. I think she could've been a formidable opponent for Jill too (especially because of their Cane connection) had Maria played her cards right.

• Members

Victoria Wyndham publicly expressed her disappointment over how the Justine storyline played out.

The Roger/Sebastian storyline mentioned earlier certainly belongs in this thread.

The way Jake McKinnon was used on ATWT was a huge disappointment.

Most of Alex Olanov's returns sadly failed to live up to potential. Having her be Cutter's mother was a great idea, though I have my doubts how Cartini would have handled it in the long-term (had OLTL survived).

• Members

The Jack and Cassie part of the Melaswan back from the dead story on DAYS. The two of them had great chemistry. He should have slept with her, leading to a triangle when Jack returned, rather than another J&J story that revolved around Jen and another man.

Also, back in 2002 I wish they had followed up with Jack and Sami after the haunted B&B story. Jack/Jen/Sami could have been a triangle that drove the show for 5 years. And for once, a fan base would have WELCOMED a triangle. A super couple fan base, no less. J&Jers were pretty disgusted with Jen at that point, and would have enjoyed seeing her fight (perhaps for years) to win Jack back.

• Members

These three stories are on my long list too. I (for one) hate that the Justine story went from being a story with potential to mustache twirling and disappointing for fans. I hate that this story killed Ryan and was beginning of Grant going from being a playboy/complex villain to a mustache twirler.

The Roger/Sebastian story didn't bother me as I could see Roger having numerous illegitimate kids out there in the world (as he was a womanizer), but the story was stupid. I too felt that the story should've focused more on Sebastian/Blake/Holly and possibly Ed, but I never understood why (as aforementioned) Danny and Michelle were included in the story. Sebastian, on paper and with the right actor, could've been GL's newer version of Roger Thorpe. Had he suffered from the same demons as his father, he could've been a good character. Instead, they made him into a villain for a sweeps period then got rid of him.

And how Hogan killed off Jake, who meshed well with the Oakdale characters, pissed me off. Jake being killed off made me wish that they would've just left Jake and Vicky in Bay City with and let AW die back in 99. Killing Vicky then Jake a few years laters was killing AW again and again. I personally loved Jake/TE's chemistry opposite Emily, Lucinda, Molly, and Rose. I would've loved for Jake and Molly to have a good marriage and raise the twins (Bridgette & Michelle) in Oakdale. I would've loved for Molly to eventually have become an opposition in Jake & Molly's characters and The Intruder playing a pivotal part in it. Jake had the charisma to become a leading man on ATWT just as much as Jack or Holden. And most fans that watched ATWT (that weren't privy of AW) that I've talked too on numerous boards liked Jake. Killing him off was just stupid.

• Members

Wow, forgot about Sebastian and the return of Holly. That had fantastic potential for about 2 weeks before that silly adventure with them and amnesiac-Michelle. I just loved how Michelle had amnesia, yet could remember a vague memory of Maureen giving her something (pendant? necklace? who cares)

• Members

The TMK storyline on GH.

That was really one of the worst story GH EVER HAD (which says a lot since most of them under Guza were terrible)

First it needlessly killed TWO younger female characters that could have had storylines for years to come (if one had to go Emily was the right choice though but killing Georgie on top of that other than to provide KSt with powerful material and to give her character yet another excuse to unravel was too much).

2Nd it cost me Cooper Barrett another character i thought had major potential (having the last name Barrett begged for the writers to do something about it and as unexperienced Jason Gerhardt came across at time i thought he could be a great love interrst for Maxie) and killing him off made little sense unless it was to make Logan stay on the show... Logan wasanother one who had potential but was sacrificed a few weeks later.

3rd: the conclusion made no sense whatsoever. Guza launched the story claiming there were clues that would help us figure who the killer was only for the reveal to be a dead character that had no reason to target the people he killed.

Nothing could have made that story better so I wish the show didnt even start it to begin with.

• Members

I agree about the Roger/Sebastian/Holly story on GL having so much wasted potential. If Sebastian had been written as a gray character, I could've seen Holly falling for him despite herself and Blake's manipulations to keep them apart, which would've caused conflict in her marriage to Ross.

For AMC, the first thing that popped into my mind was Brooke/Eliot. If only the writers hadn't made their relationship romantic, there was potentially a powerful story of forgiveness when Brooke finally found out he was Josh, especially if that occurred after she opened up to him about shooting Jim in the back.

• Members

Yes! The TMK ruined so many good characters that had potential, and I agree that Coop and Georgie were the worst of the bunch to be killed off. Georgie, IMO, should be the other young adult heroine opposite Maxie & Lulu on this show, and Coop could've been a great young male lead because he had good chemistry with Maxie, Lulu, and somewhat Georgie. I also hate that it wasn't explored as to whether or not he was related to Brenda.

And this story sparked another story that I feel flopped--Logan going mad and Lulu killing him. I felt this was stupid because just when Logan gained some footing and was being groomed as the next town "bad boy" a la his father, Guza has to kill him off so that he can start preparing for a newer prototype. It would've been better for Guza to just send Logan off until another writer, who was capable, brought him back and wrote a proper story for him. I hate that he'll never interact with his sisters, Serena and Christina, if they are ever brought back to the show....

Archived