Race to the World Series

Toups

• Members

thats true, the Astros have RC and AP, but St. Louis has Pujols, Edmonds, Carpenter, and Rollen. You never hear about them. Does Houston have a larger TV market than St. Louis? Yeah, I know what you mean about ESPN. I dont know why they go so wild over the Jets. I guess they are pandering to the large market of NY. I hate to watch a Braves game that is called by Joe Morgan. He hates the Braves if they are losing but there is not a better team in the world if they are winning.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I thought it was only me who hated Joe M. That guy stinks. I guess he has had it in for any team that isn't the Reds. Rolen is out for the year with a torn rotator cuff, but they have been going along quite nicely. Houston is a bigger city, but I don't know about their market. They don't call it the Eastern Sports Progarmming Network for no reason. It's that east coast bias rearing its ugly head once again. The Braves are getting dumped on by the National media because they only won one WS in their history.

I say this. AT LEAST THEY DID WIN ONE!!!! I get sick of these guys (and if you really want to get P'O'ed, watch the Sports Reporters on Sunday morning) always saying that it doesn't matter what the Braves do in the regular season, they will tank it in the playoffs. At least they get there. When was the last time Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Monteal/Washington, Texas, or Philly been? Watch Fox Sports. They do a better job than ESPN.

• Administrator

Andy P and The Rocket are two proven playoff pitchers and Oswalt is really good too. I'm going to jump on the Houston bandwagon too and chose them to come out of the NL.

The Braves get no love because they have 14 straight division titles and only one championship, plus I don't think they're pitching is that great either.

The AL is so much tougher. I am rooting for BoSox, but I still don't have a prediction as to which team will will the AL. It could NY, Anaheim or Boston. Anaheim is a better overall team than NY but NY always finds away to win in the playoffs.

I work tomorrow at 4pm so I'm going to miss game 1 of WhiteSox/BoSox. :(

• Members

You are right about Pettite and Clemens being experienced in post season. But Atlanta does have the potential to send out some good pitching, Hudson and Smoltz combine to make a pretty good one-two punch. Keep this in mind..Smoltz has more playoff wins than any other pitcher in the history of the game. Also keep in mind that he has been in the bullpen for the last 4 years. They've always gone farther with Smoltz as a starter. I think the Braves have the edge offensively. Andruw Jones should win the NL MVP with his league leading 51 homers and 128 RBI's. The Braves also have Chipper Jones (who has been on a tear since coming off of the DL), Jeff Francour, Marcus Giles, and Rafeal Furcal.

I dont understand why everyone holds the 14 years of winning and only one championship against the Braves. Look at it this way. How many WS's has HOU won? Better yet how many LCS's has HOU won? If you think experience is a benefit, then the Braves cant be matched in that category. I cant think of any real standout offensive players for Houston besides Lance Berkman, although I dont follow Houston very closely. These two teams are evenly matched, with HOU having the edge in starters and the Braves with offense. It will probably come down to luck, only time will tell.

Amen!

The Braves play on FOX Sports South every Wednesday. I think they do a much better job of coverage than ESPN.

• Members

I agree, screw them! Even though the Cardinals are my team and they have the best record, I've never seen it fail that they screw up when push comes to shove.

The Cardinals should have won last years championship because Boston played such sloppy baseball, but the pitching just wasn't there. Boston dominated in that respect.

• Members

IA that the pitching wasn't there, but also, St. Louis had played Houston the night before. They partied after the won the NLC, and hen had to get on a plane at 2:30am and fly to Boston and play that night. I feel that when the LCS are over, the WS doesn't start until 5 days later. That way, both teams have ample time to rest and get set up, and it doesn't penalize either team. Also, that dumb crap about the All-Star Game deciding who gets HFA in the WS? Whoever has the best record out of the League winners should get HFA.

• Administrator

LOL

When you saw that ball go under Graff's glove and through his legs, you didn't automatically think of Buckner? I sure did.

I have faith too. Wake and Shill should win game 3 and 4, but game 5 scares me with Clement going up again.

Archived