Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Who should be the next Adam on Y&R?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

Chris Engen or nobody.

#22 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

Chris Engen or nobody.

I partcularly like the suggestion of NOBODY.

The role is sooooo not needed.

#23 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,941 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

Let the character go for now. The drama of this situation supersedes the dramatic contribution of the character. The business of recasting Adam is an unwarranted distraction from the situation at hand. Let us not wrap ourselves up in silly fan wank wishful casting threads that remove us from the gravity of this issue. Any future actors who step into this role will forever be tied to the preceding drama,so I say leave well enough alone for now. It's too soon.

#24 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

I remember how excited I was with his introduction in 2008 & the incredible potential the character had.

He could and should have had a wonderful impact on the show for years and years to come.

Oh, he did have an impact. Of the most destructive, horrible kind.

Such a waste. 

Edited by YRBB, 04 February 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#25 kalbir

kalbir

Recurring

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

I say don't recast. Find the body, make a positive ID, and lay the character to rest.

#26 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,367 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

At this point, I wouldn't want even Gumby to be the next Adam on Y&R.  The character needs to join GH's Stavros in deep freeze.

#27 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

Stopped watching Y&R for the 1st time ever.

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

It may mean nothing, but I think the termination of the association between him and the Delia Project is a positive sign that they are through with "Adam."  And maybe it's just me but the cast looks relieved when he is discussed as being presumed dead.

#28 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

I have a feeling that Chris Mckenna's character who debuts during the gala may end up being Adam

#29 ajsp35801

ajsp35801

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I am willing to bet the farm on Brandon Barash IF the character is recast. I really hope he is not.

#30 PJA

PJA

Contract

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Chris Engen since I don't like recasts.  I don't mind a previous actor returning though.

#31 slick jones

slick jones

soap fan 78-present

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Shelve him for at least a year.  Once the stink of MM is off of him, then start THINKING of recasting.

#32 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,298 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Edited by DeeeDee, 05 February 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#33 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

Agree with the consensus. They need to wait AT LEAST a year before they think about Adam again. Let the current cast have some story time and stretch their wings a little. God knows Davery (or Dreary as I call them), Adam, Chelsea, Villy, Chloe have been onscreen a ton up til now. Might be good to switch things around a little.

And as for the recast -- Chris Engen. Always. His initial little-boy-lost performance with a hint of twisted still stays with me. Adam had a soul despite his faults. He was always put on the defensive at the way Nikki, Nick and Victoria were so resentful and horrid to him. LOL, I'll always remember him telling NIck where to stick it, Nick saying "WHAT did you say to me, BOY?!" and Adam jumping right up into his face to repeat it.

#34 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,900 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Josh Duhon (he's a little too young but does have an older look to him).

2013_Past_Cast_073.jpg

actually he's the perfect age. MM's ass was too old for the role and it was hard to buy him as Nick and Victoria's younger brother. If he ever is recasted, it needs to be someone that is early 30s or at least doesn't look over 35

#35 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Is Kale Browne free?  I mean, does JFP have any younger friends?  Brandon Barash, no offense to him, seems a little ethnic to play a Newman.

#36 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,677 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

actually he's the perfect age. MM's ass was too old for the role and it was hard to buy him as Nick and Victoria's younger brother. If he ever is recasted, it needs to be someone that is early 30s or at least doesn't look over 35

From MM to Josh Duhon another difficult actor to work with...dont see it happening. I had a friend who met him at GH gathering and he was an SOB during the event...such a hot guy with big time attitude like MM...no thanks.

#37 glatwt

glatwt

Recurring

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

with his career on hold somewhat and judy Wilson as the show's casting director, I would love to see josh Duhamel as a recast adam newman! I can see him as somebody phelps would love to land on the show!

#38 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Red is Not Here for Your [!@#$%^&*].

• Members
  • 12,840 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

I completely agree, I just mean that based on MM and CE, he is "too young". You're right, he's the perfect age.

with his career on hold somewhat and judy Wilson as the show's casting director, I would love to see josh Duhamel as a recast adam newman! I can see him as somebody phelps would love to land on the show!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1157-1355426477-7.g

#39 ISPICE

ISPICE

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

Adam Mayfield if CE doesn't come back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users