B&B: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what I loved about it as well Cheap, how honest she was. I loved how she told Liam, Wyatt may have lied, but he's not conflicted with his feelings, he's all about Hope and Hope will forgive hium eventually. Where as Liam's been bouncing between Hope and Steffy for a long time.

• Members

Damn Wyatt is such a whiney little bitch. Saving his job is one thing, but I can't believe Hope is back with him. And wearing his "OMG we're totally going steady!" necklace.

I was feeling the scene between Liam and Quinn. Liam vs Quinn is actually pretty fun.

I am definitely feeling Thorsten as Ridge. Even though I don't believe for one minute that Ridge Forrester as William J Bell conceived and wrote him would have been a poetry fan. Mind you, I don't think WJB had scarves and necklaces in mind for country-club playboy Ridge either so I'm willing to embrace this change. That was some very beautifully recited poetry.

HT's baby is adorbs. The kid who plays RJ is actually very good, very natural and bonded with TK. The park scenes were damn near flawless. They were pretty to look at but the whole outdoors concept never once interfered with the plot or dialogue or purpose of the scene. And the closing credits with shots of the park -- awesome.

• Members

I can't find the Colleen Bell thread, but anyway, her testimony for her confirmation hearings was panned, with Politico heaping on some sneering, anti-soap sentiment typical of the Beltway.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2014/01/31/presumptive-ambassador-to-china-baucus-im-no-real-expert-on-china/

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/02/us-ambassador-picks-103242.html?ml=po_r#.UvU0s2JdXOs

• Members

LOL! These articles make me laugh. They are exactly the same conversation that we had about Obama nominating these unqualified big donors like Colleen Bell to be ambassadors. Bell was so embarrassing in her nomination hearing. In today's complex world, there are a few countries that can be considered unimportant. Max Baucus as the ambassador to China was unbelievable as was Caroline Kennedy becoming the ambassador to Japan. Two countries of major geopolitical importance who can end up in a military conflict if we are not careful and they get ridiculously unqualified ambassadors.

• Members

It makes me sad because these sort of nominees once again give credence to the belief that the US not only doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about foreign policy, it actually doesn't even realize that a globalized world exists outside its borders.

The coverage of the Olympics will probably ram this home. Events will begin and end (on ttelevision) with US medalists only, perhaps?

Foreign relations are as important as, say, jobs and the economy, because nowadays they are inextricably interlinked. Plus we live in such a global, precarious world. I wish politicians realized this instead of pandering to donors or their core base. I guess I wish we had less politicians reading from a teleprompter and more leaders with fully realized visions.

Archived