DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Members

Soap Veteran Kassie DePaiva Joins Fan-Favorite Daytime Drama Days of our Lives

Two Year Pick-up, Emmy Win, and New Cast Members Keeps Days of our Lives Fresh and Innovative!

(Burbank, CA) Thursday, January 23, 2014 – Days of our Lives is thrilled to announce the casting of the show’s latest addition to the Days family, Kassie DePaiva. Known for her work on One Life to Live and Guiding Light, Kassie joins the cast as Eve Donovan on the heels of an exciting 2 year renewal of the beloved daytime drama. The two-time Emmy-nominated starlet brings a fresh dynamic to Salem society as we explore the many facets of the Donovan family like never before.

Delighted about the latest addition to the cast, Co-Executive Producer, Greg Meng explained, “We are excited to welcome Kassie to the Days family. Stay tuned to find out how the return of Eve Donovan shakes things up in Salem!”

DePaiva’s first episodes are expected to air this summer on NBC.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know some are upset Charlotte Ross isn't returning, but she's a series regular on Hit the Floor, so I don't know why people expect her to be available full time. I think this is a strong recast and the character has been gone so long that it really isn't a big deal. I know she's too old for the role, but she looks good for her age. Even Charlotte Ross was going to look ridiculous at this point.

• Members

I figured that is why CR would not be returning. She probably wanted a "special" schedule and Days wants someone who can work full time. KDP is simply wrong for the role. She's taller than every male on the show, and she never was and never will be a vixen. She should be related to someone else or a new character altogether. That southern drawl against Shaughnessy's English accent? Come on!!!!!

• Members

Yes, but obviously they didn't come to terms. This is really disappointing. I thought with AS leaving and CR returning, I would have a reason to watch Days. Not sure if 1 out of 2 is good enough, especially considering this recast. Not knocking KDP's acting because she is better than CR, but she is not right for this role.

Archived