Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have a problem with it as well and I'm black. I can definitely why people would say he is boring. I do blame the writing however.

Like father like son. Nick is boring so that's where Noah gets it from lol.

• Members

Please go back and read my post...the bigger picture was somehow lost with you. My point was the lower tolerance and double standards the audience has JUST because he is black. And you proved my point by focusing so much on him while leaving out my other example.

I don't know why you insist on presenting a dissenting opinion when you agreed earlier.

• Members
stating a character is boring isn't bashing. It was a simple statement which wasn't elaborated on. Sorry but I just don't find the character interesting. Noah or any other white character being boring doesn't take away how I feel about Devon. To be fair I haven't watched Y&R regularly in years so adult Noah being boring isn't something I can agree or disagree with. I wasn't agreeing with the Devon opinion bc based on when I was a regular viewer, I had always found him to be a bore. He could much more interesting now for all I know, but my assessment is that I never found him to be in the past

• Members

So in order to be able to state Devon is boring we must also elaborate on what white characters are boring at the same time? I said yes aloof people do call every character of color boring but some are actually boring like Devon. That's not a double standard that's calling a spade a spade. I have a problem with those that call every poc boring simply because they are a poc. I don't have a problem with calling those that are actually boring because they are boring characters boring.

• Members

I can't say much on Sabrina (since I can count the times that I've seen her on one hand), but I've no problem believing that a large percentage of the bile that was hurled her way (as well as the actress') would be non-existence if both character & actress were white without even watching that show.

As for the 'hatewatching' bull, it often gets mistaken for 'guilty pleasurewatching', which I proudly do. The difference is that folks who do the latter dont work themselves into a frothy fury over a show. The know when to fold 'em when it becomes truly unwatchable.

• Members
oh please. There are TONS of white characters on soaps today that get labeled boring on a regular basis on this board. By very nature that there are more whites than blacks in daytime, more of them get dismissed as such. Go into the GH thread and you'll see that said about Liz, Sam, Silas, Alexis, Koko, AJ, Duke, Luke among others whenever they are on. Days thread regularly call out Jordan, Abby, Sonny, Will, Dannifer, Rafe (well he's Latino), and others. A good chunk of the cast on B&B gets that (Hope, Liam, Wyatt, Katie, Donna, Ally, Thomas). I do t go in the Y&R threads often enough to make an assessment for it. It's not a white/black thing even though you seem to make it out as such.

• Members

If I had a dollar for every time a new (attractive, put-together, intelligent) POC character/actress got called 'bland' or 'boring' in comparison to the white-bread hero(in)es by these transparent viewers who'd rather drink Pine Sol than see their beloveds be overshadowed, I'd be able to buy every major network around.

Archived