Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

You have a point. I think that there must be some kind of evidence for Sony to have fired him.

Rubbish. Sony/CBS never wanted to fire MM. They just gave him a two year contract. They clearly wanted to keep him on the show despite his rumored behavior.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It amuses me when I see people saying that Doug Davidson is a villain in all of this.

Some of Muhney's fans, like Nellie Oleson, have had it out for Doug Davidson for a while now.

I don't know why, and I really don't care (I kind of wonder if he wasn't thrilled with any of the alleged on-set behavior), but I wonder how long it will be until Nellie brings up that alleged Emmy beatdown yet again.

• Members

Doug was the first person from the cast on Twitter to say there was more to the story as to why Muhney was fired and that it wasn't JFP or anyone else on the show's fault. They have it out for MTS, and Eric Braeden for saying similar things as well.

Nelson is a nasty human being, he's part of Muhney's propaganda machine trying to cover this all up when he knew what the allegations against Muhney were and why he was fired.

• Members

I remember that, so it led me to wonder if any of Nelson's previous issues with him were tied to any behind the scenes stuff with Muhney.

How incredibly toxic and sick our soap press, and the sets of some of these shows, are now.

I feel sorry for Hunter, as, in this industry, this will probably hurt her career more than Muhney's.

• Webmaster

I hate editorializations, which is why I don't EVER do it in my news reports, unless I state it as such (ie. Observation posts). However, I'm going to semi-break our rule on sharing info from other places and say this about this MM news as posted on http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/the-young-and-the-restless-michael-muhney-hunter-king-breast-groping-fired-0104/:

Report the f'ing news and shut up!

Also, to be clear, Michael signed a new contract in April of last year that would have kept him with the show for 2 years beyond his deal, which ended in June of last year... NOT the end of 2013. Where did that piece of info even come from? As proof, here's his tweet on his own contract renewal from April: https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney/status/327930176392548352

Ugh!

• Members

Here's an old Live Journal post back to 2009 with comments mentioning the thing with Kristen Bell: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/35664144.html

It's not like people are just creating that now to make him look worse. That is old news. I just think it's crazy that it is happening again. It shows what a jerk he is. He just doesn't learn. It's crazy that his wife stays with him through all of this.

• Members

I can understand a healthy amount of pessimism but I think you've lost perspective, Carl. This is the end of the road for Muhney for a good long while. There's a reason his next move after hit cult primetime show Veronica Mars was daytime television. Now daytime won't have him. I'm not sure we make industrial films anymore.

• Members

I know what you're saying, but I read a few days ago that supposedly RDJ is trying to get a part for Mel Gibson in an upcoming Avengers film. I think sometimes men in this industry, especially if they are considered "hot" or if they know the right people, can do anything.

I guess I should be happy Hunter King isn't even more of a great evil to some lunatics.

Archived