Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I should make it clear that my initial exchange with Carl was about the reactions on this board when Muhney was hired and when Engen was fired. It wasn't an attempt to knock Mark or any former poster, more of a discussion about Muhney and the circumstances that brought him into the show and why many in the press (like Nelson) have used that initial hype to continue to protect Muhney's perverted ass.

Like it or not, Mark was a huge part of the discussion back then on that particular topic (and the terrible Adam/Rafe story) on this board, so it was more of a recap of history on this board from my perspective, not to knock Mark down personally. I have nothing against Mark and the few times we corresponded directly via DM, he was always cordial to me. We strongly disagreed with Y&R often, and I acknowledged that was probably one of the reasons he no longer wants to post among us, but I don't think anyone was ripping into him at all for vindictive reasons.

• Members

I wasn't talking about that as I get that. I'm talking about when someone said she should have fired him when she was still in charge since he was that way while she was there when there is no proof that he was.

• Members

It took years of complaining by women on the show but producers of The Young And The Restless finally had enough of Michael Muhney and fired him. The actor, who plays Adam Newman on the soap is the answer to a lot of my blind items and Soap Suds blind items. For years he has been harassing women and groping them and pressuring them and doing everything he could to make them uncomfortable. According to TMZ, the thing that finally got him fired is that Hunter King who plays Summer was going to sue the show and the producers and Michael and anyone else she could think of if they didn't fire him. She says that he repeatedly fondled her breasts and she was over it and going to quit and sue. There is no way the producers want a line of women to come forward so they fired the guy. Michael is married and has three children.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/01/michael-muhney-finally-fired-from-young.html

• Members

I'm at a loss. If some perv grabbed my penis on the job I would fully expect that person to have just worked his or her last day. I would raise all types of hell and sweep every last stapler, paper weight, and family picture off my boss's desk until sh!t got done. If it is true that this man had repeated reported incidents of sexual harassment, it is (in my best Victoria Lord) *UHtuhlih uhPAWLing* that he lasted as long as he did.

• Members

That is an astute prediction. The other question is this.. will OTHER shows pick this up, The View... Wendy Williams.... will TMZ put this on air, as opposed to just their website? Does it rate that high on their radar? This seems like the type of story that would Make Wendy's mouth water.

• Members

DaytimeFan may very well be correct. Honestly, I think the "size" of this story would be the greatest factor in TT's choice to discuss it or not. Taking time to give tribute to a CBS daytime legend like Jeanne Cooper is one thing, but spending minutes on MM discussion is iffy to me. Of course the fact that large media outlets have covered the story is not to be ignored, but then again, slow entertainment news weekend? To be fair, a lot of TT viewers are probably also Y&R/B&B viewers who would at least give a damn.

Archived