B&B: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Brooke has a worse reputation than she actually deserves. She has made some horrible choices in men (Deacon and Bill), but she has never been as promiscuous as her reputation might lead people to believe. I would even go as far as to say that she is not promiscuous at all.

• Members

If Brooke was a man, this wouldn't even be an issue. (The family stuff has always been weird. However, I think that's a matter of B&B being a 30-minute show, which doesn't allow for a lot of "non-core" characters being on the canvas at one time.) Also, noted, with only a couple of exceptions (Deacon and Pose-Pose, which she thought was Ridge), Brooke sexual encounters have been in the context of relationships. It's not like we see Brooke hanging out at "cougar bars," just picking up random men or even purposely targeting attached men and trying to take them away from others for the sake of sport. The Brooke character has always been an enigma. She is supposedly very smart (chemist, has a college degree - a rarity in soaps, worked very hard to get where she is), is a warm-hearted person, yet the writers have constantly dumbed her down.

• Members

The last time I watched, I felt it was worse than GH, and that says a lot!

The show is visually stunning. The exteriors are wonderful and the shots are to die for. The characters, however, are rancid and the "stories" are abysmal. The musical bedmates is cringe worthy.

Archived