Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep..that's it. And I don't know if it was an intentional parallel or not but very near to that time we had Neil going to the police telling them about Rose's death when he didn't even do anything wrong. I know folks think Neil is a bore but this is how a man (and woman) takes responsibility. I don't see how anyone roots for Adam. And having him use his baby as an excuse is despicable.

• Members

Such a boring, boring episode.

Bless Janice Ferri Esser! She’s giving the horrendous Nick/Dylan scenes some fun lines (like Dylan throwing it in Nick's face that he has some experience with DNA tests). I understand the deal Nick offered and I think it makes sense.

I like the developing relationship between Sharon and Summer. Yes, it’s manipulative so that Summer does the whole “you were my friend, I loved you!!!” thing when she finds out the truth (as if the fact that Sharon is ‘guilty’ for Phyllis’ state is not enough for drama rolleyes.gif) but it’s classic soap and I like it.

OMG with this Cancer-Free Bitch. The way she was all giggly and happy I was hoping Neil would grab a fork and stab her in the eye.

It’s fun to see Neil and Sharon in a scene together

I really hate that stone design of Michael's apartment. My God… I’ve hated it for a decade! It looks vaguely and fakely Egyptian for some reason and it just doesn’t make sense!

Did I miss something? When did Noah get punched and land on the floor? That prison drama is SO fake. It was terrifying when Nick was in jail with Larry. Now, it feels like a bunch of big men just grunting (which is what it is) at Noah. And, aaaw, did Noah just get a boyfriend? So cute!

Nick and Sharon just work… bless them!

Dylan and Avery… zzzzzzzzzz…. And zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And the fact that Avery is supposed to be so important in Nick and Dylan's life that they would NEVER be close siblings because of her? Come on!

Preview:

Victor passing judgment on who deserves to be a mother or not? Uuuuuugh.

• Members

I didn't watch yesterday's episode and it seems like today's was nothing to write home about.

Boy, I miss those YT postings of ad free episodes where you could just zip along. CBS.com has a horrendous site and even the ad blocker is hit and miss these days, so you have so many commercials and the toggling the FF is tricky. I'd like to see some of these scenes today but I don't want to sit through the entire episode. Ugh.

• Members

Whooops! They're both vapid and similar looking, so I'm not surprised I mixed the names up.

God, I hope not. There is no reason for them to do that. Just no.

Anyways, I didn't get that impression. I think the man who protected him just wants help with something (prob getting out of jail?)

• Members

Wait a minute...Just when I thought that Lily and Tyler would never speak again, he calls her and they meet tomorrow. I can't wait to see how this plays out. If it some kind of closure or something else...hard to tell when you read the synopsis. Here is what it says...

• Members

I know right...I guess they feel he has to be written as a door mat who only sees Abby for him to be acceptable with her. This is kinda how they wrote Billy with Victoria. I always hated how they had him treat Chloe like nothing in his pursuit of Victoria. Seems Tyler will do the same to Lily. At least she didn't sleep with him and produce a kid.

• Members

I'm guessing that there have been some changes in the writing since the new regime, but man, sounds like not enough if they're writing Tyler/Abby like Billy/Victoria!

I'm no fan of CK but her storyline with Tyler was the most interesting she's been in AGES! Now, she's just back to boring and slightly irritating. And Tyler and Abby are sometimes cute but a little of that goes a long way. I'm beginning to get weary of them already. Time for Mariah, the ex to make an appearance.

• Members

I am just saying, it is wholly unnecessary to have Tyler waxing poetic about Abby to Lily then ask her to do all the work at Jabot to keep Abby from getting called in because he has something special for her planned (How many special days is he planning for her? didn't they just have one?). It is not as out there as Billy asking Chloe for her wedding so that he can marry Victoria AGAIN...but I see it as the writers saying that Lily is insignificant to Tyler just as much as they made it plain that Chloe was insignificant to Billy.

They did discuss not speaking to each other on Thanksgiving and how awkward that is. LOL.

If the writers were worth the name, this would be some sort of set up for Lily and Tyler to have a forbidden friendship but I don't think that is the case People are speculating that Lily might be leaving because she had a goodbye scene with Tyler and her cancer is gone...they think there is too much closure for her character. If she was leaving, we would know about that by now.

• Members

That would sound too much like writing an interesting storyline. I don't currently see anything like that on Y&R these days (or months).

This show has had some good scenes here and there (finally the writers realize that Neil and Sharon actually know each other and that Jill and Jack have history!) but I still don't see any progression in these storylines. Or is it just me??

• Members

I agree the show is kind of boring/lull right now. October/November were flashes in the pan but its been lulling. I think Shelley has done the best she could have done but she needs a co-head writer who has a bit more experience to help her assist the show with new stories. Jean's influence is felt in December. The show is lacking that major head writer influence as the show is in transition.

Archived