Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

After going from all my faves Monday to Chloe kissing Kevin tomorrow...Nooo. I can't.

I also like Jess' hair. She looked ravishing. LOL.

Not liking that scenario for Hilary, Devon, and Mason. Nope. Not one bit. LOL.

I agree that Tyler needs to be with Lily. He has great chemistry with her and someone on the writing staff didn't mind writing for them. They were on alot. But this thing he has with Abby is rarely shown...all off screen.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we just be done with Michael and Carmine and such? Pretty please?

Chelsea and Adam: Riveting couple! rolleyes.gif

Chloe and Kevin with mushy music in the background rolleyes.gif

Billy is doing those "everything hurts, you know. I saw a leaf and it remind me of Delia" speeches that can be SO cliche and horrible if not written and delivered well and they aren't. Ugh. I know I should feel for him but all I see is him faking grief instead of feeling any of it. Can't wait for him to go join the rest of the unemployed hams out there.

Dylan and Nick kept looking and grunting at each other for half an episode and all I kept thinking is, just get a room, followed by acting classes, thank you.

• Members

Nick and Summer have absolutely no father/daughter chemistry. As usual Sharon Case had to come in and rescue floundering JM scenes. Just reveal that Sharon hallucinated changing the results. Summer does not fit the Newman family.

Were those Billy and Chloe scenes filmed separately? They stood so far apart from each other she might as well have been outside the door!

A better actor could sell Billy's pain.

• Members

LOL, it's like Sonny & Jason/Brokeback Mountain all over again. "Ah kain't quit yew!"

Michael in prison with Fenmore is just... horrendous. First of all, I am starting to violently hate Lauren for wringing her hands and whining about this. STFU, woman. You were the one who started nibbling at Carmine's bits and kicked off this whole mess!

Secondly, Michael and Fenmore whispering to each other through a chain-linked fence while not daring to make eye-contact makes me think I am watching a gay love story about two prisoners who fall in love in prison but one of them is already "seeing" somebody else in the cell block. Poor CLB can't help it but that's the vibe I'm getting. I also can't deal with Martyr Michael squealing "Take MEEEEEEE! I will sacrifice mah life to save Fenn's! Let me die on the cross for the sins of OTHERS!" Michael, one of these days, you are going to realize that your dead-eyed son couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] what happens to you.

• Members

Oh, I am waiting on this. I always thought that Summer looked and acted more like Sharon was her mother with that blond hair and man chasing. Phyllis has never chased men (don't count Danny), men chased Phyllis. HK being cast to play Phyllis' daughter is almost as bad as CK being cast to play Dru's daughter. No.

With Phyllis off the show and TPTB with no reason to recast, they might as well make Summer Jack's child.

• Members

Oh, the bias! laugh.png Phyllis not only chased the men in her life, but she became obsessed with them to the point that she was always a step away from being a psycho. How can you not count Danny when her schemes and efforts to get him last for YEARS? How did she not go after Jack? When Diane was threatening her marriage, she went as far as asking Larry (half-seriously, half-jokingly) to kill her.

If Sharon ever chased a man, it was when she was written horribly out of character. Chasing and scheming was in Phyllis' DNA.

• Members

Because most of the Newman's are are dark haired and Phyllis was always a red head until right before MS left. Why would any child of theirs be blonde. When casting, I kinda expect them to at least try to get people that resemble (eye color and hair color at the least). But that is just my opinion and expectations.. And yes, I thought that the other blonde Summer's were also miscast. I never liked that they hired blonde kids.

I don't count Phyllis stalking Danny because that was her entrance story. Redzilla had risen above that and never did it again. So I didn't see it as a part of her character. Don't get me wrong. I think she is a loon. But not that kind of loon anymore.

HK looks and sounds like Sharon. I also think that she plays a great heroine. But I never thought any child of Phyllis' would be a heroine...she is and always will be an anti-heroine. I kinda expected something similar of her kid. Sharon has always been a classic heroine. I could see her as Sharon's kid moreso that Phyllis' child for that reason too. This is just one person's opinion...

• Members

Well, you know I never liked Sharon. It started with her getting with Nick when she was friends with Amy and just went downhill...it didn't help that she did stupid stuff over the years to keep my dislike of her going. I have mellowed towards her now and can say that I root for her.

Don't get me wrong, Phyllis is a loon and is unstable. But she was a vixen too. I don't remember her ever chasing any man but Danny. I don't remember her chasing either Jack or Nick.

• Members

Phyllis being a red head doesn't mean her kid has to be. Red hair is a recessive gene. I'm not sure if Summer was ever a red head just varying shades of blonde. The same way Phyllis's sister is a blonde.

I also don't see Summer as a heroine either. There's not really any clear cut heroine's on the show right now.

Redzilla rose above chasing men? When? When she started chasing women to keep them from her men?

• Members

I have to agree regarding casting with some sort of resemblance.

But you can't discount the various obsessions and crimes that Phyllis has committed based on the fact that it was an "entrance" story. What four year story is considered an entrance story? And I say all this as someone who likes Phyllis (well, liked).

I cannot wait for JW to show up again. She is the very heart of this show, no matter what anyone says. It may be horrible now that Kay is gone, but Jill can still make it work.

lol Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I feel like I should point out that you probably wouldn't say Sharon did "stupid" stuff over the years if you didn't have that bias to begin with. The first OOC mistake/stupid thing she ever did was leave Genoa City and leave the kids behind. And that's 8 years after what you're talking about!

Exactly.

Archived