Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right now, it seems he's making unauthorized purchases on new billionaire Devon's credit card. This doesn't make any sense to me because Devon never seemed like a spendthrift and I can't understand why the bank/cc company wouldn't have alerted him or why Devon wouldn't notice all these expenses in the first place.

But I guess the credit card fraud is a (contrived) set up for Mason to get caught or something. I hope they don't get rid of him. Okay, I admit, I do like to look at him. When he's in a towel. Especially if it looks like it's about to come off.

• Members

Its funny you say that devon dumped her. The writers tried to flip it like it was her choice and her dumping but really she had no choice if she was going to have any self respect and dignity. But hey, it was enough to appease those who will say devon left her for hilary when he got money...

No. And thank god. It had become ridiculous.

• Members

Of course, another life style change happening off screen. Contemporary (lazy) soap writing at its finest. What has Devon been ringing up a lot lately? Coffee? Because the only time I can remember seeing him whip out the cash is at watering holes (Crimson Lights, the Athletic Club, the Underground)

Meanwhile we get numerous scenes of Mason practically reading off the account number while ordering very specific items. We even got to see him sign a receipt. By the way, why do I only remember seeing Devon pay in cash?!

Something is truly wrong with the mechanics and execution of this fraud storyline. There are missing pieces in how this story ought to be told.

• Members

I have already stated my hopes for Mason...I want him to take Abby from Tyler. There is no drama with Abby and Tyler. Abby needs to be with someone Victor hates. Someone Victor thinks is a social climber gold digger like Ryan and Brad. Mason fits the bill.

It was Roxy...she put down money on a condo. There is a difference between 30k and $150. Mason is not making big purchases.

Archived