Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. If Chelsea sued Victoria for custody it would be incredibly offensive and frankly ridiculous. Even on a soap, it would be silly to think a judge would take a baby from it's adopted mother, after the biological mother signed away her parental rights. Talk about a slap in the face to any adoptive parents (and children, for that matter) in the audience.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All good points on the Villy front. You are right that Chelsea has no one besides Chloe. Another reason i think she will be quick to drop Adam when the news of him hitting Delia comes to light. I was actually hoping she would take her kids and go into hiding.

MM has stated on twitter that she loves playing a bad girl. She prefers that. And she doesn't get upset when the fans blast Hilary. She seems to think it amusing. I think that bodes well for her future role on the show. She won't be one of those actresses that wants her character to be some heroine when it is not who the character should be. I hope the crazies don't make her bitter though

• Members
I would not be surprised if they did. But where does that leave her friendship with Chloe? Chloe loved Billy and wanted him for the longest time. I can buy their friendship now because Chelsea never did. But really, I don't want to see Chloe propping up Billy and Chelsea the way she does Adam and Chelsea.

And didn't they also do it legally with Daniel giving up his rights...then Phyllis blocked it. Right?

• Members

Just an example of TPTB fitting an actress into a role that they are ill cast to play. MCE should not be a classic heroine. She can't sell it (but it the writing is very inconsistent so I don't totally blame her). Does she love Dylan or Adam? I don't buy any of it.

• Members

Yep, she is terribly miscast and they have given her no character to work with and horrible writing on top of that.

LMAO! I still laugh when I see the "JFP has destroyed Y&R" and "Fire JFP" tweets. Not that I am a fan of hers by any stretch, but these obsessed fans & stans are truly ridiculous in their agendas, and wanting Queen MAB back. The "character destruction" happened as soon as Billy Miller & Michael Muhney were cast. They are Billy and Adam in name only.

• Members

I can't remember the details. I think because the original adoption was illegal, Phyllis was able to petition for custody as a biological relative of the child. Either way, it isn't a similar to Johnny's legal adoption that has been finalized for over a year. Chelsea had six months to change her mind and she didn't. She can't just rip this kid out of his home two years later. She's also shown no interest in doing so.

I mean, every time a couple breaks up should the writers kill off their kids, so they can have a clean slate? I don't think so, and I don't think they should reverse adoptions that were done years ago for that purpose either.

Archived