Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She needs a DRASTIC change. Her hair makes her look like an old lady trying to look young. Her style is terrible as well. She needs something similar to Finola Hughes' short, ombre hairstyle. Hell, maybe even shorter. But as for Jess, I LOVE the longer hair on her, I just wish her styling was better on the show.

• Members

it's just the hair color... not so much even the styling. As far as TV shows go: gray hair on woman is only for witches.

I personally like the long on Tracey Bregman as she is so tiny you could easily overlook her with a shorter cut. LOL She did have the short hair on B&B at the end and looked pretty good.

• Members

I have to agree... CK being a bitch works because she is thoroughly unconvincing as perfect valley girl. It's not that she's great as a bitch (that would require acting talent), but she's better as that... and, at this point, I'll take what I can.

Yes, no more talk about her cutting her hair. It was short for almost a decade and NEVER worked like that. So, no, no, no. It's not a matter of length, it's a matter of her having to grow it out of that horrible cut she had for years and then style it into beauty. It's way too thin and drab as it is.

That's what I was thinking! If she commits to it, she can go full on white ala Helen Mirren. But I'm not sure if American Daytime television is ready for a kick ass bitch with white hair. :lol:

• Members

I'm not sure Jill Farren Phelps is ready for a kick-ass bitch with white hair! :lol:

I love the silver foxy hair on a fierce matriarch (anybody remember Vanessa on GL?), but I can hold off on JW going full-white right now. First of all, she really is not that old. Secondly, I think she can still work the chestnut mane. Right now, hair color is secondary to a fab, glassy, well-coiffed hair toss. But she has to choose: either go full hair color or full silver. In between can look a little messy.

• Members

:lol: True

And that's just it, isn't it? She has those strands of grey hair and it all looks muddled. I would much rather she choose full hair color and stick to it. She is definitely not too old for it. As I matter of fact, she can keep the color forever.

• Members

Definitely better at being a spoiled bitch than being a sweet heroine. Lily needs to be revamped to bring the character into adulthood. If I am to suffer through Lane and they won't break them up, then make CK more aggressive and give her a executive job where she gets to be a spoiled bitch on the regular. Hilary has given Lily life. Lily has never had a real rival. I don't count Chloe because all their interactions back in the day was about Chloe making snarky comments to a teary eyed Lily. Reminded me so much of how they used to write for Sharon back in the day. which is another character I am happy to see giving as good as she gets in the snark department.

If they do go this route with Lily, I wonder if she will lose some of her fans that only want to see perfect angels on TV? But then she would gain some as I am perfectly ready to love her as I have been waiting for 10 damn years.

• Members

+1. I really hope Jess is just growing it out because those bangs of hers are highly suspect. And you're totally right, Cat, the colour is secondary to the style and cut, which needs to go back to her 2000/2001 hair toss mane (which is a timeless style). That said, colour wise, any grey ages Jess Walton, who has naturally tan skin...grey/white works on Helen Mirren because she is very fair skinned and thus the contrast between her hair and skin isn't so harsh. Jess can have chestnut hair with highlights for the rest of her life, it really suits her.

Archived