Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
827 replies to this topic

#341 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'll DVR that. That was right after Bill Bell nominally retired, yes? Or no?

He & Kay Alden were co-headwriters until late July 1998. 

#342 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Catching up with last week (stuck at Wednesday now)...

Chelsea& Adam - tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - as everyone else said: they are super boring and I want them off my screen.

Billy & LostLibby ah Kelly - tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Everything else is pretty good. The Carmine murder stuff is finally moving even though I could do without it. The Newman are still very annoying as a whole but at least Sharon & Nick are worth watching.

The Jill stuff has been gold. Esther and the whole online auction thing is pretty much a new classic. The acting was spot-on and Esther and crosswords I just couldn't... LMAO

#343 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

I couldn't care less about Fen, Michael and Lauren at this point. Lauren is a hand-wringing harridan (except when she's with Jill), CLB seems like he is auditioning for a Broadway musical, and Fen is monotone and dead-eyed. This story is just not grabbing me.

#344 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I couldn't care less about Fen, Michael and Lauren at this point. Lauren is a hand-wringing harridan (except when she's with Jill), CLB seems like he is auditioning for a Broadway musical, and Fen is monotone and dead-eyed. This story is just not grabbing me.

It's definitely not engaging or interesting. I enjoy them only because of the JIll&Lauren aspect, seeing Paul & Christine plus Summer with Fenmore. There is some nice interaction.

The story itself stinks - and it looks so redundant because groundwork has been layed that as soon as Paul goes after Fen, Carmine will resurface or some other lame twist will take place. Hard to believe that Mickey & Lauren were the show's hottest commodity like 9 months ago with the Carmine affair!?

#345 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again-- the Carmine murder mystery needs to power through and wrap up.  It hasn't been riveting enough to take longer to unfold, it has just mostly dragged but thankfully, looks as if it is heading toward a conclusion.

Whether JM likes it or not, he and SC have chemistry.  And she definitely makes him better.  Even a simple scene like putting tinsel on a tree was made more enjoyable to watch.  They actually don't know a lot of angst to be interesting. It's actually the little things that make them more relatable.

For some reason, I don't think CBS.com shows classic episodes.  At this point, that would be the only thing that would lure me to that dreadful site.

#346 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Mishael Morgan said "thank you" to me on Twitter. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! We're like totally besties now:) lol

#347 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

They should have kept Carmine and let him be a rival for Michael. They would always clash because of Lauren's affair. If not, they should keep him anyway and get rid of Michael and especially Kevin. The Fishies have been stinking up this show for far too long!

#348 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I also think they should've kept Carmine and had Lauren be torn between this thrilling fling that might actually be evolving into something more  and the safety of her marriage and family.  Have her truly be conflicted with this guy who makes her feel young vs. the bond she feels with her husband.  As it is, Y&R took the boring easy way out, turning Carmine into a stalker psycho and Lauren once again a victim.  Now they're running on fumes from what used to be a hot storyline that is now past faded.

The bad thing is that if they try to bring Carmine back now, it will reek of one of those ridiculous plot twists that have become the stereotypical plots that are now synonymous with daytime soaps.  The ones that get lampooned and made fun of.

#349 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm trying to watch this show on TVGN. I don't understand why they have Angel Conwell and Kristoff St. John stuck doing nothing interesting. They're talented, beautiful people.

Do they think this new haircut makes Fen look heterosexual? It's hard to say which of these young guys is gayer, him, Noah, or the other dudes. Not counting Kyle, who looks like he is made of building blocks. Still don't understand why he was aged. Summer really should actually be Jack's.

Why do so many stories on soaps today come down to dumb whodunits that have no basis in reality and are only there to preserve tired status quos like the Baldwins? "Don't worry, folks - we thought Lauren might have a sexually and emotionally fulfilling affair, but instead the bad man is gone and the Baldwins will struggle to save their son!" I've seen that eight hundred times in the past 15 years and yet people actually just having an affair is now almost as scarce as a gay or African-American frontburner story.

#350 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Kyle was aged because of the delusional idea that if you age kids to 20 overnight, this will somehow cause drama. 

MAB gutted the little that was left of the show's future by doing this with Noah, Abby, and Kyle.

#351 cassadine1991

cassadine1991

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Kyle was aged because of the delusional idea that if you age kids to 20 overnight, this will somehow cause drama. 

MAB gutted the little that was left of the show's future by doing this with Noah, Abby, and Kyle.

Don't forget Ricky, Fen and Summer

#352 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I try very hard to forget about Ricky.

You're right though. More pointless ages. I guess Summer and Kyle had that love story no one gave a crap about.

#353 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

Michael was never riveting in this story ever. Lauren was until she played the victim  and her big sister patted her on the head and said she's the best person ever and Michael should forgive her because she's awesome.

MAB also had this idea that everyone needed extra kids too to make of for the ones she's aged. Neither Neil nor Lily needed babies. Daniel didn't need a kid either. And Phyllis getting pregnant after the crap story with Daniel and Daisy's baby was stupidity. All we got out of that was some of the worse acted scenes I've ever seen on this soap.

#354 cassadine1991

cassadine1991

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Also retconning the retcon of Jill being Katherine's daughter to being Lauren's half-sister and killing off Liz Foster, Brad and Colleen Carlton

#355 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

You don't have to remind them all of things they already know when they watch the show and you don't. I don't do that.

#356 FrenchFan

FrenchFan

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

So many things to retcon...

#357 cassadine1991

cassadine1991

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

You don't have to remind them all of things they already know when they watch the show and you don't. I don't do that.

Uh I DO watch the show

#358 Taiah

Taiah

Contract

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

I also think they should've kept Carmine and had Lauren be torn between this thrilling fling that might actually be evolving into something more  and the safety of her marriage and family.  Have her truly be conflicted with this guy who makes her feel young vs. the bond she feels with her husband.  As it is, Y&R took the boring easy way out, turning Carmine into a stalker psycho and Lauren once again a victim.  Now they're running on fumes from what used to be a hot storyline that is now past faded.

The bad thing is that if they try to bring Carmine back now, it will reek of one of those ridiculous plot twists that have become the stereotypical plots that are now synonymous with daytime soaps.  The ones that get lampooned and made fun of.

That's the way it should've played out instead of the obsessed psycho ex. lover crap. TIIC took the easy way out and ruined Carmine to boot. I have no doubts that he is alive but really who cares at this point? Carmine endlessly terrorizing those annoying Baldwins is not at all entertaining. Its really time to just wrap this story up. 

#359 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Uh I DO watch the show

Okay.

#360 Sinny

Sinny

Recurring

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

I keep hearing that ED prefers Y&R to DAYS because on Y&R they let her work in the mornings so she can have the afternoons to herself.

The doctor is an old friend of Dylan's who has a wife and kids offscreen.

Noah just doesn't belong in the office. Never has no matter who plays him. They should just have him stick to photography for the ad campaigns. Kyle one upped him in that pitch meeting.

Noah really is not cutting it as a business man.. he is just like his lame ass daddy.  Noah should have stuck with photography.. it would be a bit more believable. He looks so shrimpy compared to lurch too so I find it distracting having them in the same scenes. I bet the next Kyle is shorter LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users