Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

it's possible that they may need to go with Noah vs. Devon, who knows?

This Kyle thing has been shaky for some time. Blake Hood's Kyle didn't strike me as being very business savvy, he seemed more like a wannabe playboy playing at being an executive and Sawyer's Kyle was much sharper but he dwarfs pretty much everyone in his set (and many actors are surprisingly diminutive) and he had a rough start to boot.

I honestly have no clue what TPTB have in store for the Devon character. I wonder if they know?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Other than pairing him with Hilary and possibly providing money for cane to buy and run the biotech company, I don't think they have a clue what to do with Devon. He already told Jack it wasn't music. So I know they aren't going that route.

I wouldn't mind seeing Devon and Noah fight over Hilary.

• Members

For all of Josh Morrow's supposed faults as an actor (re: this board), he sure gets a lot of work. I don't see his episode count in any danger.

I think he has great chemistry with Hunter King, and he's been doing good work in general. The comments on this board are sometimes good for laughs, though, when people write as if they know what's happening on the set.

• Members

I don't personally see where anyone on this board has indicated that they know what is going on behind the scenes, in people's dressing rooms, etc. Discussion often involves surmising and speculation (see words such as " I wonder...")

And saying that JM is not the strongest actor is not a slight against the actor but look at his history on the show, compare it with his Emmy count, he's no Julianne Moore. That's just the way it is. Personally, I think JM is an affable personality but he won't be among the contingent of soap actors making the leap from daytime fandom to Primetime Emmy or Oscar races and that's fine.

People's opinions are subjective but we do have the right to express them freely on a discussion board as you've expressed your opinion. I think the only individual trying to equate opinion with fact, ranger1rg, is you.

• Members

Jill vs Hillary was really exciting. It works because 1) Jill rarely comes in contact with a young, driven, beautiful female and doesn't hate them on the spot 2) Jill is allowed to be nasty, condescending, distrustful, a bitch...

In other words, she's written in character. Wow... what a novelty!

I just hope they don't force the issue of their rivalry and hatred. Nobody wants to make Kay vs Jill 2.0... let it happen organically.

The hair needs help though. She's probably just growing it out before she can style it properly but still... add to it, make it big and fluffy!

• Members

JW'S hair looked awful and so did TEB, but I don't care about her. Lauren always looks flawless, but her hair is processed and damaged to the Gawds! Jess needs to cut that hair. A woman her age does not look good with all of that hair on her shoulders. She looks like a witch!

• Members

I have to say the highlight of Friday's episode's were the Jill and Jack and Lily and Hilary scenes! CK is really good with the bitchy insults and I love how Jill and Jack were remembering old times.......

Apparently people said they used the classic score on friday's show??? I just finished watching it and didn't hear any of it.....

• Members

There is more than one type of bitch. Everyone doesn't have to deliver lines like JW to make the material work. Hilary is sexy bitch. No matter who she is talking to she has a slow, sex kitten delivery in her snark. Nikki is a snobby bitch. Victoria is a breathless bitch. Chloe is a brittle sour bitch. Jill is a pretentious bitch. Phyllis was a rabid crazy bitch. Dru was a confrontational bitch. And lily is a spoiled princess bitch. All bitches with different takes on line delivery and body language which produces different yet satisfying results.

I can't believe I am defending CK...what has this world come to?

• Members

Spoiled princess bitch! That's exactly what it was. And CK came alive for the first time in 7 years. Little Miss Saccharine never worked because most of the audience never bought CK as that. But this works perfectly, and I would be happy with seeing more of it. Is CK on contract or still recurring?

Archived