Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. I think KSJ had great chemistry with ED, SC, and AH. I think he should be paired with one of them for a while. I'm rooting for Sharon/Neil. In fact I feel like it would have made a lot of sense since they both loved Dru so much. They are determined to put him with an AA character and that is fine but that doesn't have be the end all and be all of Neil Winters. Not like men of his status in real life aren't in interracial relationships. Neil and Leslie are boring. They lack chemistry and this pairing is seriously making Leslie (who used to be very interesting) extremely lame.

Hilary is being moved all over the canvas and it is the best thing for MM. She is not on the island. But to be fair I think that island blow up a while ago. All the characters are mingling more which was needed in the worst way. I do think we are headed for Devon and Hilary. I dom't know how I feel about it but I could ship it. Hilary has many other prospects though like Jack and hoittie Stitch. She good.

Kelly? She can go now.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually like Kelly.

I also think the island is gone. The day Devon had a heart to heart with jack confirmed that. These writers are trying. Say what you will about JFP but she has brought on great AA characters that she seems invested in. Now if only she could get tyler away from Abby.

• Members

I don't mind Tyler and Abby. I just need them to have some real couple drama and not this nonsense with a newbiew no one cares about.

Kelly is boring. I know she is suppose to be angst to Villy but she is just lame. I am going to need them to do more with her character. She is interacting with other charactesr now so maybe my feelings on her will change. But for now I just don't see what her purpose is. If it is just to have Billy cheat then they should have just used Chloe. At least that would have made sense.

• Members

Oh there's no argument there, Watros was amazing on GL and rightly deserved that Emmy of hers. And she had success in primetime with 'Titus' and 'Drew Carey' and 'Lost' and 'House'...but then something happened to her career (ageism?) around the end of 2010 and she never bounced back from it and has now surfaced on Y&R looking swollen with a distinct asymmetry in her facial features, it looks like bad work and that's such a shame.

• Members

I never watched CW on GL back in the day so the change in her face does not look jarring to me, just that she's had some uninspiring work (let's face it, it could be worse *side-eyes Hunter Tylo). Kelly could grow on me because right now she's a bore. I am ready for Y&R to take a page out of B&B's book and Quinn her up a little. The manipulator just about keeping the crazy in check. I wouldn't mind an Annie Dutton 2.0.

Y&R has been rather strong the past two weeks. Not perfect (Chadam and Chlovin *cough spit*) but miles more involving than the past year. I am just loving Hillary, and the way Sharon is being written. Sharon feels like a true flawed heroine to me and not the bipolar town ho all the men took advantage of in her weakened state, but in front of their wives pretended they never touched her.

• Members

I couldn't agree more. Especially the days where the show uses it's piggy bank money and has - in addition to the lovely Hillary - it's recurring players JILL, Mason and Devon (don't care whether Bryton is billed as contract; his contract would be worse than that of Kate Linder) feautured I'm pretty much hooked.

I'm also slightly impressed that we get to see Paul & Christine as a couple. Ok, it's always at the office and definitely not epic romance material but a whole lotta better than the last 12 months for these two - and several other characters.

• Members

I do agree that the character integration has been so much better than it's been in recent memory and the Sharon's character trajectory, the way she's being written is miles above where its been over the last 4+ years-- then again, the writing was so shockingly poor in the past that you don't need to set the bar very high to do this.

I'm still wary of how these storylines are progressing (or not). I still see very little movement, it's mostly static right now.

• Members
I don't think the Devon, Mason, Hilary story is static. Nor do i think Billy, kelly, victoria is static. They are building things up to a climax quite nicely IMO. I won't speak on the hit and run. So slow. But i think something is going to happen on that front soon since chelsea is now back to loving Adam although she loved Dylan two months ago.

• Members

Well, that's classic Phyllis, and believe me I'm glad she's gone and I hope she never comes back, but I completely understand her sense of urgency. The threats, the yapping and then tumble, tumble, tumble, splat. It was like watching cosmic justice. No doubt many of Phyllis's victims would have liked to have witnessed that - and Sharon had that honor. I don't think I'll ever see Phyllis as a "victim" as in someone I could feel sorry for or root for. Still, I'd like the truth revealed in spite of the fact that it's good for Phyllis.

• Members

It might have been even more satisfying had Christine managed to build a case where she could haul Phyllis' azz into jail and on the way, Phyllis tried to make a run for it, only to fall down some stairs "...and then tumble, tumble, tumble, splat "(lol). I couldn't resist quoting you on that last one, that quote is perfect!laugh.png

Archived