November 11-15, 2013: Big Week For DAYS/GH

Toups

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like GH at times and I like DOOL at times. I rarely like YR and I never liked BB. I used to watch a show and consistently enjoy it for years at a time. Edge of Night was awesome for years. AW was as well. GL during Pam Long's first tenure then during Curlee/Demorest was must watch TV for months and months at a time. Now it's not that way.

DOOL is so predictable even though the stories are more emotionally driven. So much of what they do has the earmarks of "no budget" and "advanced taping"

GH is wonderful in a lot of ways. They have just gone overboard to make every minute must see tv and they are missing the smaller, less intense beats. The stakes are so high all the time and the plot devices are absurd a lot of the times. Heather was fun when they first brought her back and she was crazy but somewhat reformed on the outside. Now she escapes whenever she wants. it's just to dumb to not overlook that. And it's unnecessary. They didn't have to make her so unredeemable that she should be locked up in a padded cell with no exit key. I was hoping Cartini would mirror the Marland era along with a bit of the Faulken Smith and Marcus eras with character drama and a bit of adventure, but it's the other way around. I hope they find their footing and force the audience to wait a little bit for some big payoffs. they are writing the show more like the final days of Port Charles, when Brown/Estensen were doing 13 week arcs, only on Gh they're more like six week arcs.

YR. I think Altman and her team are smart and will make attempts to bring some depth to the characters and plotting. We will see.

• Members

HUGE Congrats to Days and GH!! Amazing numbers. So proud of them both. As for Days, I'm sure the numbers will have a pretty large drop next week (and probably the next couple weeks) but I want to give props b/c Days has been consistently well written and the show has been steady for pretty much all of 2013. Even when they are not doing a "sweeps stunt event" the show is for the most part.. good. And for Days to stay steady for a long period of time like that is impressive!

• Members

Everytime I think DAYS is down for the count they find a way to come back. I stopped writing them off years ago. However I think of them as the least stable soap. They hit these awful lows then come roaring back then lose it all again.

IMO, daytime in general is benefitting from short term (seasonal bumps) and long term (audience consolidation) advantages. How is the rest of daytime (Katie, TPIR, LMAD, View, Talk, etc…) doing?

• Members

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/the-talk-ratings/

http://www.thewrap.com/view-hits-9-month-weekly-ratings-high/

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/katie-couric-falling-out-of-favor-at-abc-news-syndie-talker-1200870363/

CBS doesn't seem to say much about the ratings for TPIR and LMAD. Unless someone is in traction I'm not sure why they'd watch TPIR these days.

Archived