November 11-15, 2013: Big Week For DAYS/GH

Toups

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, it's Sony. The "trade" from Y&R to DAYS really paid off. I get why ED made the personal decision to take a break - it's an incredibly demanding role and she's right - it's not like you can backburner Kristen. I just hope that when Kristen reappears, she was, in fact, preggers with Eric's baby. That would change everything. Just imagine the scenes between Kristen & new granny Marlena!

• Members

Congratulations to all the soaps; ratings are up across the board but here are my comments:

B&B: I still can't watch it, never have been able to sit through this show consistently.

DOOL: The ratings will slide again, this show seems completely unprepared for ED absence from the canvas. The fact that they threaded the dumb Gabby plot through November sweeps is not a good sign. She's horrible as an actress, always has been. With all the departures it seems that they will lose ground.

GH: Cartini needs to share Lucy Coe's crack pipe with Whitesell/Tomlin/Meng. GH is on steriods and DOOL is still on prozac. GH needs to slow down. Too cartoonish, too many mini stories coming and going.

Y&R: ratings will slowly drop as the novelty of the Billy/Dehlia story unwinds. Who was the brilliant master behind giving Billy his biggest story ever just weeks before he had to quit. I want to see Stitch naked a lot then I will watch. I don't want close ups of all the botox/facelift actresses, it gives me the creeps. Can someone give MTS a big cup of black coffee before she starts filming her scenes. I thought they outlawed prescription pain meds on the set of Y&R, oh I forgot, they started passing them out when the actors were forced to play Griffith's dreck...now they're hooked!

• Members

Well again the GH Ron bashing and frank has done nothing not only hasn't not been a week spike it's been two months complete consistently. The ratings are freaking stellar and abc is happy. I am heating Ron and frank could be getting big new contracts with GH. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

On the DAYS front I doubt they keep their spike it was an awesome climax brought to you white sell and tomlin but I feel Lorraine Broderick deserves credit. She has been an extreme asset to days and I see Broderick moments all over the place. Tomlin and white sell have had much higher ratings then marlene and Darrell.

On the Y&R it's amazing how the ratings have stayed very consistent. JFP is up 400,000 to 700,000. She ain't going nowhere. Shelley Altman this woman is writing a very edgy soap that people aren't used to watching.

B&B I don't watch but kudos to their ratings.

What's great is all four soaps seem to be here for the long haul. It's crazy how we all thought they would all go but maybe cancelling the others helped them focus on making these great.

• Members

Johnny, it's not bashing. RW made an observation, and I agree. Just because people watch does not mean you have a good product, but I guess we are fools for wanting that, huh? With a competent regime, GH won't be just a show people watch, it would be a great show that people watch. There are too many characters and the "story" rotation (stalling) is ridiculous. It's a plot pointed mess! Why should we settle for cliff notes when this show could be so much better?

Archived