Y&R: Return!

• Members

That's the whole point, you can't be on a soap, auditioning for pilot season, thinking you're going to land a regular role in primetime when you have a daytime contract (often on a competing network)...Michael Graziadei also had a much, much bigger resume in much higher profile work when he finally quit. As well, he looks far younger than Billy Miller and they're exactly the same age.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet Graziadi seem to do just fine in guest spots while still on contract and got recurring roles too. Is he lucky or a better actor?

As for miller, he seemed to be auditioning a lot. Remember when he was not shown for weeks on end. The story really suffered.

• Members

Again, you are making my point. All that most soap actors hanging on to their daytime jobs can do is get primetime guest roles. Graziadi had to leave and audition full time before he got a shot at those pilots and who knows if they get picked up. He might have to audition tons more before getting a regular role or he can get one tomorrow.

I have no idea how this competition you are creating between Graz and BM has anything to do with the point that I was making.

• Members

Exactly. He was using them as the fallback and settling in for a nice long Tony Geary Vacation Plan. And even Tony Geary hasn't earned that in a long time.

This is not to say, mind you, that JFP's show is any good, because it's not, or that her obsession with and catering to Steve Burton is any more justified, because what they're doing with him is a massive failure - he's infinitely more overhyped and under-delivering than Miller ever was, he's been phoning it in from the ranch for years. But I've already watched Burton get booted off of GH, so that's all I care about.

• Members

I agree that Y&R didn't have to keep him on. That was their choice and he didn't screw them over.

JFP, or perhaps Sony working through her, seem much less willing to go along with this now. I hope this puts some of the others on notice, if Stafford's exit already didn't.

Archived