Y&R: Return!

• Members

See, I don't buy that. Miller never tried. For most soap actors, it takes years to audition and get regular roles. Miller could have used those guest roles as a jumping off point. It is probably too late for him. He will be stuck doing guest roles until he done with acting.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
How do you know he didn't try? Seems like every year he was on Y&R it was rumored he would leave if they didn't give him outs. I thought that was even why he left OLTL. IDK, I just think it's very likely he's been auditioning all this time, otherwise he would have settled into being a soap star and collecting that steady paycheck until the gravy train runs dry.

• Members

"Trying" means leaving the soap, not auditioning during free time. Again it takes years for most soap actors to get regular prime time roles after leaving. Too many soap actors love to audition when they have free time and are shocked when all they get is guest jigs. With the bias against soap actors, they have to pay their dues outside the industry.

Regardless, Miller made his choice and now he will have to find.

• Members

You are making my point. I can count on one hand the number of soap actors who have gotten regular roles auditioning during pilot season. It has gotten even harder now that so many movie stars are going to tv to get regular work. Right now, when I look at the soap actors who have gotten regular prime time roles to a person they have been off the soaps for several years during which time they auditioned like crazy and did guest spots.

• Members

Miller was not willing to take that leap and would hold YR hostage as long as TPTB allowed him to. YR was his safety net and he wanted to come and go as he saw fit hoping THAT gig would pop up. How do you write a show that way? Either take the leap and leave or sign with YR on the dotted line. What Billy was offering was not in the best interest of YR.

• Members

But he would auditioning when his contract was about to be up. The casting directors wouldn't know at the time of auditions if he was currently still on contract. His resume wouldn't say the years he was on the show.

And it doesn't take everyone years to get a regular role upon leaving a soap . Ask Graz he's one his second pilot since leaving Y&R.

Archived