DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yesterday's show was great! I loved the Kristen/EJ scenes. Nicole going off on Marlena was great. I loved Marlena's confusion. There were so many great lines and scenes I just couldn't delete it from my DVR when I was done watching. Days is really bringing it. I just hope they can sustain this when ED leaves. I will really miss her. sad.png

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what makes it interesting -- that it isn't just about Saint Marlena/Evil Kristen. Both women are human and have flaws although, of course, Marlena is far more decent than Kristen (devil possession/serial killing notwithstanding). I love it that both women are each other's Achilles heel. They drive each other to distraction and all rationality goes out the window.

Marlena looked amazing in that red suit.

The EJ and Kristen scenes were epic. And so were Victor's one-liners. And Victor's face when he was watching Kristen's video!

• Members

BTW - What's was the deal with Kristen pulling out the gun as she's getting ready? Did she suddenly freak because of EJ? That scene seemed so random. As far MarSten, I get that Marlena has issues with her, BUT Marlena was already the hallmark of reason and logic on the show. Helping people find peace and to work through their problems. It's incredibly ironic, that Marlena didn't seek professional help when Kristen returned and she started to see Red. I really hope that after this debacle, Marlena realizes that her vengeance, even if unknowingly, ended up hurting so many people, especially her son.

Oh and I'm super excited for the next few episodes!!!!

• Members

Brady sets up a wedding slideshow AT the ceremony? Those things typically happen after at the reception. How does it make any sense to have a video play right in the middle of the church ceremony?

Marlena sneaking around the church wearing bright ass red.

Kristen's wedding dress is a little unconventional, but I like it and think it works on her.

Did Teresa get a brain transplant with her overdose? She almost seems like a new character. Guess, it actually meant something to her

Tomorrow's show is gonna be GOOD!

• Members

I have to say the set-up was quite perfect. I can't wait until Marlena steps out and reveals herself. Ah, the old soap adage of "if you see the bride in her dress before the ceremony, it ain't happening...." I'm still a bit annoyed with NBC for the promo that showed the last scene from today. A little mystery would've been great, but I know they are desperate for ratings, so they can be forgiven. Tomorrow's fallout should be amazing! The other surprise is that this big cliffhanger happened on a Thursday. I wonder if DAYS was hedging their bets that they might have an episode pre-empted and so worst case scenario was Friday-Monday (versus Monday/Tuesday that we've been seeing since the Boston incident). Unlike the rest of the shows, that four-month production cycle doesn't allow for quick changes.

• Members

I absolutely LOVED Victor still going through with the video getting played, even if it would humiliate Eric and Marlena. Though to be fair, it LOOKS consensual, so for all Victor knows Eric has been covering up an affair with Kristen and Victor is looking out for his grandson.

• Members

Loved.today's episode. DAYS does the big events so well, Marge shooting Chad aside.

The wardrobe has been so much better lately too.

I hate knowing this is almost the end of Kristen, but I can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

Forgot to add that i really hope they get Theresa and Nicole away from Daniel soon. Shawn Christian drags everyone down as it is, and I've loved them lately.

• Members

I don't want to see Jennifer write Kristen off for good and yet, how could she not? Even EJ was scandalized by what Kristen did to Eric and his hands aren't exactly clean on the coerced sex front.

Can anyone tell me how those two became friends? They seem like a mismatched pair to say the least.

• Members

I too was on the edge of my (computer chair) today. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I'd become a DOOL fan at this age, but I haven't enjoyed a soap this much in a very long time. Victor and especially Marlena cracked me up today. The denouement was so satisfying. Can hardly wait for tomorrow. I don't want Kristen to leave! Does Theresa legit not remember or is she being cagey...

• Members

I started watching DAYS during the Jessica/Angel era (beginning of the Salem Strangler) and stuck with it through most of 80s. Returned briefly in 90s and then again with the Salem Stalker, but I swore off of the show when Maleswen - I thought that was a horrible cop out. After hearing the buzz with Kristen's return, I decided to go back and catch up on everything since her "return." I have to say that even though I only watch the Eric/Nicole/Brady/Kristen (with a little JJ/Theresa), I've really enjoyed the show. I'll probably stick with it for awhile.

The part I've enjoyed about Kristen in addition to the schemes and barbs (AZ/ED scenes are great), has been a greater effort to try to show Kristen's human's side - for example, the moments with Jen, Daniel (talking about her desire to get pregnant) and then during the past couple of weeks where Kristen actually has stated that she doesn't want to hurt Eric. Let's face it, even though Kristen did something really horrible, the DiMera's always manage to get back on top. I hope during the Kristen's absence the "nearly impossible" shot of her getting pregnant happened and that will set up a great return.

Archived