B&B: Meet the new Ridge....

• Members

Exactly. He's a filthy rich man from L.A. who is a FASHION DESIGNER. Dirty greasy hair, horrid facial hair, baggy clothes and a gut will not do.

laugh.png I wonder if we'll ever see anything as great as this again. sad.png

I have to (reluctantly) agree--he can be attractive. But aging-RP is the perfect way to put it. I will never understand why AMC allowed him to look like that.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They allowed him to look like that because he and Cameron Mathieson were considered the stars of AMC. Catnip to the drooling, toothless crazies ABC assumed was their core audience. So Frons and TPTB pretty much kowtowed to many of their demands. Like, TK wasn't psyched about James Scott on AMC and he got summarily written off the show (their loss was Days' gain). The Red Wings shirt and just-rolled-out-of-bed appearance was another thing nobody said a word about because -- you know, catnip. rolleyes.gif

• Members

I actually think JDP would be a better option than Kaye (though I think TK might work) - he has that sort of aged L.A. gloss and sheen that Ronn Moss had. They both are those kind of old '80s dreamboats gone to seed.

• Members

Ridge has never been a fave character of mine, and probably because I don't care one way or the other about Ronn Moss. Thorsten Kaye however annoys the hell out of me. I just started tuning in again to the show everyday now that Rena Sofer arrived. As much as I am loving the show right now with Quinn and Wyatt...I'm hoping they are phased out before this horrid wreck of a recast comes aboard because I don't know if I can still watch.

Whatever happened to the Peter Reckell idea??? IF you are going to recast, that I think would have worked better imo.

• Members

Honestly, his clothes are always so loose, it's hard to tell. But he looks flabby, which is fine--just not for this character. Like you said, Moss has an amazing body still. I think he could do with a few hours at the gym.

• Members

I think quite a few actors on B&B had to change their look to start filming B&B, the last I remember were Ashley Jones and original Carly from GH who had to die their hair. I don't think Brad is making concessions with Ridge.

It bares repeating though that Ronn Moss looked YOUNGER or at least as young as KAye even though they are 15 years apart. That man has FANTASTIC genes.

• Members

I certainly hope so. When you compare Ronn Moss, at 61, to Thorsten Kaye, at 47, it is absolutely shocking how old Kaye looks, he just looks ROUGH. He needs a clean shave, a short haircut, a shot of Botox in between his eyebrows and a new wardrobe if he's going to come even close to pulling this off.

Archived