B&B: Meet the new Ridge....

• Members

Don't quote me on that. I thought I read that somewhere. I know he loves Ireland and is close with Michael Easton who strongly identifies with his Irish roots. However, according to Wikipedia, he was born in Frankfurt and is classed as a "German-British" actor. If he was Irish, he probably wouldn't call himself British! :lol:

I dread to think of TK in scenes with Donna. OTOH, I'm wondering if a pairing with Heather Tom was an incentive to join the show.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and now Ridge is played by someone 14 years younger which is more extreme, but okay bc its an actor you like as opposed to before

Um no.....this is a joke right? Both were regarded as AWFUL recasts when they took over the respective roles. It took YEARS and Dynasty's final season till people accepted Emma Samms as Fallon but the first 3 or so years were not kind to her at all. Karen Cellini never won people over. Being British kind of defined Amanda. She was like a mini Alexis with a very European aristocratic influence, being educated and raised abroad. To have her go from that to some common chick from the block was very jarring and ruined the character. It simply did not work and Amanda lost a lot of what made her Amanda by changing her ethnicity.

• Members

I forgot about Jacob. He's OK too.

It's weird about the age gap - I should be bothered by this. It's just that I think Ronn was always a little old for the role anyway, from the time he was cast. So if they age down I won't notice as much.

• Members

I think Emma Samms was a good Fallon recast, but the way Dynasty was written at that time made it difficult for anyone to act. I remember a David Paulsen (the EP/HW for the final season) interview where he talked about how horrible she was and how he wanted to get Pamela Sue Martin back ASAP. Then he met with her and saw how fun she was and wondered why the show wasn't writing her to her strengths. Then he wrote her more like Fallon was originally conceived and it worked. Just like this case, the writing is going to be an important factor in whether or not Thorsten Kaye works. They need to acknowledge the differences, but still make sure he feels like Ridge. TK certainly needs to clean his look up a bit and be more tailored. This is not sloppy Zach Slater. I hope he understands that and is okay with it.

Also, for all we know he may plan on hiding the accent. It's not that strong anyway.

• Members

I love this idea! The Spencers are not interesting enough to carry the show and with Stephanie gone Brooke and Taylor should both be there fighting over business, men and family.

Thomas and Steffy should also be there front and center and I'd like to have Amber around in a Darla/Pam capacity.

• Members

I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. Daytime Confidential mentioned it in one of their podcasts recently, and since then I can't get the idea of Porte as Thomas Forrester out of my mind! What a breath of fresh air it would bring to the character.

Archived