Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

B&B: Meet the new Ridge....

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#61 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Two words: Carmen Duncan

Thorsten's all, "Keep Ridge alive! I need his PART!" (Sorry.)

It's true. But it was the 80s. And she was glamorous. A blond Joan Collins-esque with an Australian received pronunciation tinged accent...it was implausible, and yet, I loved her. 

Thorsten as Ridge? Preposterous!

#62 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,139 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Iris was also a jetsetter. Ridge was more California-based.

I don't think bad acting is what made Ridge popular. Ronn was never a good actor but he was charismatic and more than dependable, early on. He only got really bad in the last ten years...it was kind of sad to watch, to me. 

I don't think Thorsten > Ronn. I'd rather Ridge just stay offcamera, as the character seemed exhausted anyway. But I think if they clean him up and work out a few things he might be OK.

#63 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

There's only one Ridge Forrester for me and that's Ronn Moss.  I think Ronn's bad acting is part of the charm of Ridge.  Ridge better now become a Red Wings fan.

Basically, I agree and yet the character is desperately needed. I know some disagree. However, as a daily viewer I need the nastiness that is Brooke and Bill ended. I need someone to come in and wipe that arrogant smile off of Bill's face. If that has to be an odd Ridge recast, so be it. If it doesn't work out, he can go back to France once the mission is completed.

#64 ajsp35801

ajsp35801

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I am floored...shocked at this casting. The accent is the main problem for me. Other than that I am good. Bill and Brooke needs to end. That was/is a ridiculous pairing. I don't watch the show anymore but I might tune in to see HT's Katie with smug face as Brooke dumps Bill for her destiny.

#65 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Don't think this is a bad recast at all. He could be pretty good.

Thing is though I don't think RIDGE is needed... I much prefer STEFFY and TAYLOR back on the canvas than him...

#66 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,141 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

This is better than Jamie Luner as Liza on AMC

At least this puts an end to Brill

Edited by dragonflies, 16 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#67 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,289 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

This is better than Jamie Luner as Liza on AMC

At least this puts an end to Brill

you hated on JL big time bc she you always claimed she was too young (being 9 years younger than the original actor) but this is okay even though Thorsten is 14 years younger and a different ethnicity than the actor he's replacing? 

#68 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Jamie Luner was an amazingly great recast of Liza. Jamie bought wonderful energy that vitalized the role that gotten stale with Marcy Walker. I loved everything that Jamie did as Liza. She made the horrible writing tolerable.

#69 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,141 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

lol yeah completely disagree

All I could think was Adam was a perv cause her Lisa was like 10 when she married Adam

Any who, I love this news and I love that he and Jacob Young will be playing brothers

#70 AdelaideCate007

AdelaideCate007

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Jamie Luner was a great Liza.

#71 FrenchFan

FrenchFan

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Wow, we've all seen ridiculous casting over the years but this one, congrats, it's probably the most pathetic. 

#72 Elsa

Elsa

Contract

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Emma Samms and Karen Cellini were both a different ethnicity than the actresses they replaced and it worked just fine.

Ridge is needed on the show. The Spencers cannot carry B&B and I understand Brad Bell for wanting a name actor for the part. VI would be my perfect choice next to Dan Gauthier, but I can't say I hate the idea of TK joining the show. I am curious to see him and I hope that the Forresters are coming back. Now would be a good time to bring back Lesli Kay as Felicia. 

#73 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

There's only one Ridge Forrester for me and that's Ronn Moss.  I think Ronn's bad acting is part of the charm of Ridge.  Ridge better now become a Red Wings fan.

I agree. Ronn Moss is a trouper and has always mocked himself playing Ridge and that's fine because B&B... is what it is. And Ridge embodies that trashy soapiness and melodramatic line delivery ("You'rrrrrre NOT going to get away with it, RICK!"). I flat-out miss him and his crazy scarves sometimes.

Don't think this is a bad recast at all. He could be pretty good.

Thing is though I don't think RIDGE is needed... I much prefer STEFFY and TAYLOR back on the canvas than him...

IA that Steffy and Taylor need to come back ASAP. And Peter Porte as a Thomas recast. I thought JMW was returning "after the summer" for a couple of months?

I like TK (who is German, I thought, and not Irish? He just played an Irishman on OLTL) buthe knows he's a pretty good actor and gets grumpy about other actors not measuring up and when things don't go his way. Not sure how he's going to find B&B (especially if he interacts with the current Thomas or, God forbid, Marcus)! The B&B set tends to be pleasant in the sense that most of the cast have to check their egos at the door to a certain extent.

Don Diamont showed that he was a company man and ready to promote B&B whenever, wherever so I doubt that the arrival of TK means he is out. If anything, all this is to give life to a new Brill/Bridge triangle.

#74 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

It will be interesting to see Ridge played by someone who can act. This is a very unexpected choice, and hopefully a pleasnt surprise. 

As for the JL as Liza talk, I really never understood the age thing as 1. it wasnt that severe and 2. is it really out of the question that a woman like Liza had some work done and that is why she was youthful, and plenty of people dye their hair... I think she added a lot to a very dull, outdated character and was one of the bright spots in the final years. 

oh, and I loved CD as Iris on AW, but I never saw BM 

#75 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,139 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

All this Jamie talk makes me wonder if Thorsten's first scene as Ridge will be his panties getting pulled off.

I like TK (who is German, I thought, and not Irish? He just played an Irishman on OLTL) buthe knows he's a pretty good actor and gets grumpy about other actors not measuring up and when things don't go his way. Not sure how he's going to find B&B (especially if he interacts with the current Thomas or, God forbid, Marcus)! The B&B set tends to be pleasant in the sense that most of the cast have to check their egos at the door to a certain extent.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

The thought of Thorsten trying to shape up the acting standards with some of that B&B cast cracks me up. Can you imagine him with Donna Duck? 

The show does have some excellent actors, it's just that the ones who are bad are really, really bad.

#76 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

All this Jamie talk makes me wonder if Thorsten's first scene as Ridge will be his panties getting pulled off.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

The thought of Thorsten trying to shape up the acting standards with some of that B&B cast cracks me up. Can you imagine him with Donna Duck? 

The show does have some excellent actors, it's just that the ones who are bad are really, really bad.

Don't quote me on that. I thought I read that somewhere. I know he loves Ireland and is close with Michael Easton who strongly identifies with his Irish roots. However, according to Wikipedia, he was born in Frankfurt and is classed as a "German-British" actor. If he was Irish, he probably wouldn't call himself British! :lol: 

I dread to think of TK in scenes with Donna. OTOH, I'm wondering if a pairing with Heather Tom was an incentive to join the show.

#77 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Other than Heather Thomas who can be superb, what "excellent" actors? Regardless, TK can barely act himself and is lucky to be employed. 

#78 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,289 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

lol yeah completely disagree

All I could think was Adam was a perv cause her Lisa was like 10 when she married Adam

Any who, I love this news and I love that he and Jacob Young will be playing brothers

and now Ridge is played by someone 14 years younger which is more extreme, but okay bc its an actor you like as opposed to before

Emma Samms and Karen Cellini were both a different ethnicity than the actresses they replaced and it worked just fine.

Um no.....this is a joke right? Both were regarded as AWFUL recasts when they took over the respective roles. It took YEARS and Dynasty's final season till people accepted Emma Samms as Fallon but the first 3 or so years were not kind to her at all. Karen Cellini never won people over. Being British kind of defined Amanda. She was like a mini Alexis with a very European aristocratic influence, being educated and raised abroad. To have her go from that to some common chick from the block was very jarring and ruined the character. It simply did not work and Amanda lost a lot of what made her Amanda by changing her ethnicity.

Edited by Cheap21, 16 October 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#79 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,139 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Other than Heather Thomas who can be superb, what "excellent" actors? Regardless, TK can barely act himself and is lucky to be employed. 

Heather Tom is the main one. I think Scott Clifton is good, albeit not often enough. Once upon a time KKL was a very good actress.

I was mostly trying to be polite and not act like the whole cast is crap. 

#80 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Heather Tom is the main one. I think Scott Clifton is good, albeit not often enough. Once upon a time KKL was a very good actress.

I was mostly trying to be polite and not act like the whole cast is crap. 

I okay, I will give you Scott Clifton and I will throw in Jacob Young as decent actors once a upon at time, but the rest of the cast cannot act for crap. TK should be in his element.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users