Would Wendy Riche be a good EP for Y&R?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she understands character-driven soaps better than JFP. I also think Wendy Riche could be good at restoring the classic feel of the old music score for the show. Updating it without changing it's heart and soul. That said, I don't think it needs updating like some. Granted, I bootleged the 1974 album....

As far as the look and feel of the show. I think she can bring back the shows moody/psychological/business feel in the same style as it was 20 years ago.

I think if she were hired as EP and someone like Kay Alden was HW it would work. Not sure but Maybe Clair. Clair Labine would more than likely bring back the Fosters. Weren't they middle class? If so I know she would because she seemed to like middle class. She was also a moral writer, which may be good as well.

• Members

This is sort of off topic, but would someone like Tom Langan be a good head writer for Y&R, I mean he did produce the show in the 80's/early 90's. I don't know if he is retired or not. but wasn't his Days run one of the most successful head writing regimes during 1999-2002?

• Members

When there were rumors she was headed to ATWT before it was cancelled I was really excited because I think she would have been amazing there.

Y&R is a colder show, more internal and cerebral. She could produce it well, but I'm not sure she would be ideal. Better than JFP in many ways though.

• Members

95% of daytime has no idea how to write for the real Y&R. That show was practically made in a foreign language. It was so stylized. It was on its own weird planet.

Today's Y&R, which is trying hard to become an ABC soap, maybe. But who wants to watch that?

• Members

+2, though I would still check out her Y&R. It would at least be better than what's on right now, but it wouldn't be the "real" Y&R. What is the damn fascination with making the CBS soaps more like the ABC ones anyway? They've been trying this since the Mid-90s and it's done nothing but damage their OWN brand, not to mention ABC soaps haven't been all that hot since the Mid-90s. Why even bother?

• Members

Just bring back Ed Scott or David Shaughnessy.

Wendy Should have been brought to AMC or ATWT or GL in 2003. I think those shows would have thrived under her. I like Wendy very much, but Y&R needs its old team back, no outsiders.

Archived