GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I don't get this idea that Emma has to respect Britt when Britt hasn't done anything to earn the respect of Emma. If anything the only thing she has done is purposely dissolve whatever possible relationship could have been built between them.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
no I don't think calling a little girl you don't like her is child abuse. That wouldn't fly in any court. It's not like Britt was repeatedly going out of her way to cut Emma down and torment her. She never tormented or emotionally tried to destroy that girl. She actually tried to get along with that child. She may have had selfish motives but she did attempt to get along with her and treat her well. One outburst at the child after constantly bring shut down and disrespected does not equate abuse.

• Members

I don't either. Emma knows Britt doesn't like her so I'm not sure why she's suppose to be so respectful of someone who was not to her.

Emma's heard Britt say she doesn't Like her. I heard one of my father's girlfriends call me a dreadful brat and ask why my father didn't just send me to live with grandmother. Hearing adults say things like that is traumatising to a child and certainly doesn't make you want to respect the person who said it. I don't think Emma is out of line in her dislike of Britt.

• Members

The little girl who plays Emma is simply repeating the lines that were written for her. I think the child is beautiful and it's a shame that the writers are taking her down that path. I agree that I don't like the idea of calling a small girl a bitch.

• Members

In child vs adult, the adult is always supposed to take the high ground, so no one is excusing Britta's bad behavior. However, this is not about Britta. It's about an ugly child Craptini created because they think some of the things that come out of her mouth are cute. They are not!

• Members

I think the bottom line is that Ron and the staff decided their little nicknames and forced memes were hilarious and decided to shove them into every single character's mouth, including Emma. And nine times out of ten it sounds incredibly awkward and strange - like when Felix had both Anna and Emma saying "britch." I could handle Felix saying it once, but every single person, over and over, no.

• Members

I agree. Patrick doesn't look good when his daughter calls his ex-girlfriend a bitch infront of other people. Sabine doesn't look either, because it was her gay pet that thought Emma that word.

And after all Britta never abused her. She just didn't like her. I am sure Emma gets that a lot. The Emma actress is so beautiful and adorable though :)

• Members

Is there actually an argument going on in this thread about whether or not it's ok to call Emma or any other child a bitch? The answer is definitely NO, it never is, under any circumstances. How is this even a discussion?

So does Luke just drink whenever he wants now? I forget where we are on Luke being an alcoholic or how it was dealt with onscreen.

Archived