September 16-20, 2013: Good Week For DAYS and GH

Toups

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting. The Chew and The View are both doing really well which bolsters the argument that ditching soaps for reality/talk was a good idea. Yet GH is doing really well which helps make the argument that there is still a healthy audience for soaps. Although the fact that talk shows are cheaper will always be a factor in their favor. I wonder how Katie is doing in comparison with the rest of these shows.

• Members

I do like the Katie show(her guests and topics) but she comes off too fake. I thought Katie was going to be cancelled though?? K and M usually run in the 2.3 ratings for the week with Dr. Phil a little bit higher with Ellen leading the way....looks like Bethany and QL wont last long. I havent seen either show as of yet....

• Members

I like Bethenny's show, simply for her personality and some of her guests.

But I'm thrown off by the way they do Bethenny and Katie Couric's shows. Maybe this is a new thing and I'm just a fan of the past, but Katie and Bethenny sometimes do like 4 or 5 completely different topics throughout the course of one hour. I'm used to sticking with the same topic throughout the episode (or just celebrity after celebrity with a chef/singer/arts-'n-crafts person at the end).

• Members

Thanks.

Toups, I'm confused by GH's +549,000 over last year? Your archives here show GH at 2,578,000 for the same week in Sept 2012.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/09/ratings-yr-hits-new-lows-in-women-18-49

I can't find any week last Sept that would produce that differential.

So far Sept 2013 shaping up to be GH's best month all year in demos.

GH 2013 monthly averages:

Jan 2013 2,834,200 653,600

Feb 2013 2,777,500 631,250

Mar 2013 2,612,750 611,500

Apr 2013 2,668,200 637,800 - 50th anniv/Nurses Ball

May 2013 2,550,750 617,750

Jun 2013 2,500,000 555,750

Jul 2013 2,455,600 588,800

Aug 2013 2,573,500 616,500

Sep 2013 2,768,000 694,333*

*Thru 9/20/13

• Members

GH is finally building back the buzz it got during the anniversary. GH was great January through April and then once the anniversary ended it had a weak spring all the way until August and then it reverted back to form with vets galore and Robin's return should only boost it bigtime since fans have waited years for her return. Its quite simple the OLTL gang brought nothing to GH but GH vets with GH history is what drives ratings. I hope Frank and Ron realize this throughout.

• Members

Kaka was heavily featured there for a minute, but they've seemed to reign that in a bit. She's still on a bit too much, however. John McBain's airtime has decreased as well. And surprisingly, out of the 3, Todd/Roger is seen the least. Not sure if this is his availability or Dumber and Dumberer have finally figured out that less of Roger goes a long way. No one wants to see that clown every day, and I was super shocked that they didn't find a way to shoe horn him into the Sonny/meds story. A few months ago, they made sure Roger was everywhere with everyone, and Carly didn't get any screen time unless he was on (what a turn off that was). That's changed, and we shall see under which circumstance.

I can deal with FrankenTodd better now that the ridiculous do is gone. And there is no reason to pretend this guy is anything but Todd now, Roger sure isn't.

Archived