All soaps - actors who were quickly dropped

• Members

Who were some performers who were quickly dropped? Sometimes in a matter of days or weeks

Either their character was sent packing or they were quickly recast. Usually, the reason for this is that TPTB decided they were all wrong for the role.

Do you recall seeing them onscreen and agree/disagree that they should have been canned?

I recall Shelley Taylor Morgan was cast as Anjelica on Days replacing Jane Elliot. I think she lasted a few weeks before Judith Chapman was brought in. Morgan was too young and had none of the depth and range of Eliot.

Of course Irna Phillips dumped John Beal as Jim and Sarah Cunningham as Liz after day one on Another World.

Anyone else you recall?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember an actress named Candi Milo come aboard DAYS as a character named Janey Richards in 1985. It seemed she would figure prominently in a storyline with Liz, Tod, and Savannah but both the actress and character disappeared after only a few episodes. In retrospect, she must have been intended for only a couple episodes even though her role was fairly large in those few days because it was way too early to decide whether the actress or character wouldn't work.

• Members

Soap Vet Elissa Leeds was the original Brooke. She was replaced cause AMC wanted to age Brooke a few years.

Kari Gibson Fraser played Dixie from July-Oct 88

Pamela Bach played Mari Jo Mason for one day on Y& R before Diana Barton took over

Archived