DAYS: Winter Olympics preemption news

• Members
WINTER OLYMPICS SCHEDULE RELEASED..."DAYS" HAS JUST ONE PREEMPTION
The Winter Olympics schedule has just been released. "Days of Our Lives" will be preempted just once, on Thursday, February 20, 2014. The Winter Olympics will be airing from 3PM-5PM ET/PT and 2PM-4PM CT/MT for the rest of the two weeks, so there may be some time slot shifting if "Days" airs during those time frames in your local market. Unlike last year's 2-week hiatus for the Summer Olympics, this time around "Days" will only be off for one day.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! That's amazing news! If I remember correctly the last time that Days aired during the Olypics (2008 was it?) we saw significant ratings jumps! I know there will be a lot of timeslot shifting in local markets, but hopefully the Olympics really bump the ratings. Here's to hoping the writers have some amazing material planned for these two weeks and the weeks following. We need big umbrella story for the Olympics!

Thanks for the info as always Jason!

• Members

This happens a LOT when the NBC soaps air during the Olympics. Looking back to the 96 Olympics, AW made it up to 8th and 3.7 ahead of GL during those Olympics. I think this will be a huge boon for DAYS, especially if it continues to be as awesome as it has been the past year. Here's hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived