DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JJ: "Who do you think you are Abs? Mom? Let me tell you something. No one can be a bigger hypocrite than she is but keep it up and you might be just as bitter and miserable" Zing! and Jennifer walks in after overhearing that comment. LMAO

"You are walking around here like someone died bc your boyfriend dumped you. Someone did die. It was dad" Oh snap! JJ was on fire with his zingers against his mother. Abby continues to disgust me with her devotion to making Dannifer happen.

t5m6hu.jpg

Why haven't they recasted Sydney yet? She just saw her mother for the first time in weeks and this is the best she could do?. She's looking like who is this strange lady hugging me?

dpz1mv.gif

She couldn't look more bored!

Abe said Sami is like a daughter to him. Is that true? Have they ever been written to be close bc I don't recall that in any of my years watching I especially think back to the years she was hating on his wife big time.

xwGLSA0.jpg?1

LOVED her outfit

Kate and Stefano have so much chemistry even when hatng each other to the core. I think he still has it bad for her despite what he says

• Members

All hail the QUEEN! That is a good shot of Eileen, even if I think the dress is too short for her. Yes, even the most gorgeous women on earth have to watch for stuff like skirt length.

I am catching up after vacation, am currently on Friday Aug 30th episode -- the face-off between EJ and Sami is EPIC. So many layers! They love each other yet are tempted to throw the other under the bus to save their own skin? Love it. And so character-appropriate for these two.

I love this show so much right now. I wish it had the kick ass ratings to match how I feel about it. I feel like the people putting this show together, writing it and performing it need that as an incentive to keep delivering, lol.

• Members

Agreed. First baby Sydney was good. The rest, not so much.

I'll be so disappointed when/if the actors who play Johnny leave. (not saying they are but I'm sure at some point they'll leave)

That poor girl who plays Allie looks 12. At least they remembered her.

Abe has been friends with Marlena since pretty much forever. Abe was always close with John, Bo, Roman, Hope, Marlena, etc. Same with Lexie. Sami has called Abe Uncle Abe for pretty much the entire time Ali's been in the role (even when Lexie and Sami openly pretty much despised each other). I've always appreciated that consistenceny.

• Members

This!

It has some shitty episodes and even weeks here and there still, but overall, yeah, the show has been GREAT. I give most of the credit to the awesome script writers (The Cullitons, Queen Melissa Salmons, Ford also hasn't been doing horribly lately). I can almost always tell now which script it will be, they make a huge difference. I think Cherril is the worst though I think he actually churned out a decent episode not that long ago. Iaca-whatever her name is I think I mix her and Ford up but I think Ford is the better of the two, though I could be wrong.

• Members

The Cullitons and Melissa Salmons are definitely the cream of a pretty decent crop and you can tell that they understand the show and its history beyond the superficial. I'm betting that they used to watch it back in the day, out of pleasure.

What I also love is that they have a vision for this show that is multi-generational and an ensemble cast. While I am dreading Queen Eileen's eventual departure and Chandler's, there is strength and depth in the cast right now. Yesterday I was marveling at yet more strong performances from Wally Kurth, James Scott, Ali Sweeney (there was a time I never thought I would write that particular name on a list like this), Lauren Koslow and Casey Moss. The characters of JJ and Justin were standouts yesterday.

• Members

SCxvWYG.jpg

OMG, I love Rory's mom. Can we see more of her? Ho talks like a chain smoker who's had it rough. She reminds me of Bonnie. I had to do a double take as I wondered if that was JE in a wig...lol

WTF did Daniel have to show up at the SPD? Like seriously, its like he's trying to get under JJ's skin. I loved that JJ went off on Jen

I hate Abby. She's a mini-Jenny and I hate how she acts like JJ's mother.

• Members

Two observations:

1) Am I missing something or do Kate and Sami have a white trash dye job thing going? What's up with Kate's blue and Sami's pink or red (and how is it that she's able to touch it up in prison)? I get Sami because she's trashy in so many respects, but Kate?

2) Why on earth did they have JJ caught so soon? This story was just getting really, really interesting. C'mon he was just ready to be drug dealer for the upcoming school year. I'll tell you, he's got the pout and the "angry young man" thing down, but in a more soft spoken way. I really liked the scenes with Jen/JJ. I do think they made a mistake in cutting it short. What was the point of Nicole being all suspicious? I thought for sure she was going to blackmail him or, at least rob the cradle, when all hell breaks loose with Eric.

Archived