OLTL Shelved

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the risk of resurrecting the AMC/OLTL war, I'm going to say that I'm thrilled that PP is going to continue on with AMC and I hope that this means that the show will get a little more budget and a longer production schedule. I'm also awash in gratitude that Carlivati didn't think AMC was worth his trouble.

Finally the truth comes out. That "binge watching" excuse didn't hold water.

Ain't that the truth.

• Members

Wow....just wow! Ultimately, PP has to do what is best for both shows. I think focusing only on AMC for a bit may be a good thing. Maybe we'll get 4 episodes a week of AMC this go round. I do hope the lawsuit is resolved sooner than later so OLTL can come back too but maybe they will test the waters having AMC come back alone and then possibly bringing OLTL back by itself. Maybe having them rotate might be better and we'll get four episodes a week instead of 2. But again WOW!

• Members

It's clear that AMC is the preferred choice of viewers - based on data we're received and from viewership on OWN. This is just an excuse to hold-off on OLTL, while being able to focus on AMC. It will probably help in the longrun to strengthen AMC. Disappointing because I tried to get into AMC2.0 but gave up after 10 episodes. Stuck with OLTL. :(

• Members

Yeah but AMC's not an issue in the suit. In fact they can point to the fact that AMC was able to bring back so many fan faves even briefly or later in the season (Adam, Bianca, Kendall, Griffin, Billy Clyde, Dimitri) as an example of how valuable familiar faces are, especially if they can point to positive data for those episodes.

PP needs to show that what ABC did to the characters negatively impacted their efforts to launch OLTL 2.0. They can say that they spent time and energy being forced to resolve the stories on GH, that doing that is part of the reason their ratings suffered and those poor ratings led them to shelve production. It's a calculated gamble. One it gives them the chance to focus on shoring up the property that is performing well for them. Two, it gives them the chance to go back to the drawing board with OLTL if that's what they want to do. And three, if they can make their case, they're looking a nice little cash infusion either in court or through a settlement (which is how I think this will be resolved). JMO of course.

Even though AMC is my show, this makes me sad. I wanted both these shows to be wild successes for the genre's sake. After reading that thread about resurrecting GL I was hoping PP could approach P&G.

Archived