Teen Wolf

lovely_m

• Members

I thought it was an awful episode. Sometimes I think AVClub can be too harsh, but their D+ review of the episode was about right for me. I had a friend who had an under 5 in this episode, so haven't commented about it on Facebook, but ;)

Pretty much: "

Seriously, the majority of this episode is adults torturing youths simply because they’re not 100 percent sure that the lead youth is not a murder (and as we all know, he’s not). Teen Wolf has featured a lot of ridiculous things that require suspension of disbelief—see the majority of season three, especially the Yakuza bits—but to spend an entire episode of the show in Mexico, with someone who is technically a good guy mentally and physically torturing teenagers who are also technically on the same side as her, for no reason at all, is not a good start to the season. Neither is not hearing a peep from anyone’s parents (especially Scott’s mom) or hearing about the mysterious investor who provided these teenagers with $50,000. None of this is Teen Wolf.

A prevalent question in an episode of a show called Teen Wolf should not be “Where are all of the adults?” But after how last season ended in comparison to how this season has begun, someone over the age of 25 needs to be taking charge. The next (even more important) question is “Why is this so boring?” Even in its more basic season-one days, Teen Wolf always knew what it was doing when it came to its pacing."

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/teen-wolf-dark-moon-206155

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AFter watching this episode, my main two thoughts were 1. I really wish they wouldn't do so many slow motion scenes 2. Without Allison, I can take or leave Lydia.

i think she's doing okay, but since she's Stiles's love interest, she will probably get a lot hate from Stydia (Lydia and Stiles) and especially Sterek(Stiles and Derek) fans.

• Members

Well tonite's episode was A LOT better then last week.....I think last week was just weird cause it didn't take place in Beacon Hills and I commend them for trying to change places a little but I think the show works better when they are at home....

I have to admit I enjoyed "Young" Derek tonite and I kind of wish they would have kept him on a little bit longer.....I know they need Hoechlin but it was refreshing to at least see a different take on the role, though I know it's because he's suppose to be a teenager.

• Members

Yeah that was pretty funny.....It almost makes me wish that they could have hired Ian Nelson (who played young Derek) as a younger brother of Derek's who didn't die in the fire......The Cora thing Flopped IMO so I wonder if it would have been better if they just came up with a little brother for Derek instead.....

• Members

Well was happy to see Lacrosse back in this episode! Forgot how much I enjoyed those scenes.

I actually liked Dylan Sprayberry as Liam. It will be interesting to see how his story unfolds now that he has the bite.....It was shocking that he wasn't a werewolf already cause he was too good at lacrosse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to admit I would have preferred just 12 episodes a season but I think cutting it to 10 separate arcs instead of 12 for 24 episodes is a little better.

So apparently Dylan Sprayberry is gonna be a regular next season. I'm happy about that because out of all the new faces I feel he has the most potential. Plus I kind of do see him being the lead "star" if Posey were to leave one day.

• Members

Who knows honestly?? I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come back Over the lack of use and being the token gay character of the show...they even said they were going to pair him with that new gay black guy mason and yet he hasn't been seen yet.