OLTL: Week of August 19, 2013 Discussion

• Members

But why? I don't see that he's all that into Natalie. I think he's a red-blooded American Boy who likes pretty women and enjoys sex, but what he explains to Nikki is that he's trying to turn his life in a new direction. The Buchanans are a nice little step up for Cutter. I get that he's trying to improve his station and sees Natalie as an improvement over "slumming" with Nikki. I believe that bit of dialogue had specific purpose. As did the insulting "Natalie will never be enough for you." But Nikki had to break that kiss off. Cutter seems into her IMO. And Nikki knows Cutter. He can be himself with her. I just think they're much better suited for one another. Furthermore, this looks to be working up to a triangle. I wouldn't want to watch Natalie compete with Sam for a loser like John. This would be so much worse.

So far I've been disappointed with the writing for Natalie at every turn; however, I remain hopeful that Cutter was just filler until they get to a real story for Natalie that I can enjoy. Although, I do not have faith this will happen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually have been enjoying Natalie. Considering she was a central character and they had to re-write her story at the last minute, I think they did a good job. With that said, i would prefer a different love interest to Cutter. Throwing Nikki into the mix FINALLY mad Cutter/Natalie interesting to me, but I'd still prefer her with someone else. I think she has more chemistry with Jeffrey than she does with Cutter.

I agree. Considering the rush to get these shows into production, they did good. Especially with these unexpected finales. Had this happened on say, current Y&R, it would've been a disaster. I say that because Y&R is one of the current soaps that rarely have cliffhangers to end their episode. At least these shows have been putting these cliffhangers in daily so a last minute production shutdown won't completely kill momentum.

I hope they don't pick up much later, because then we'll have to deal with lots of exposition showing how we got there. I want them to hit the group running. IMO, the best way to pick that cliffhanger up is to show the tattoo organization is tied to that hospital in some way. Alison didn't just walk in, she had to have a way to get into that room. Perhaps even if Natalie tries to escape she wouldn't be able to. I'm very excited for what this means for Natalie, Clint and Viki. I'm also happy that Carl has such nice chemistry with Dorian. It's time for her to leave David and move onto a new chapter. I'm glad the writers paid tribute to what Dorian has become, but I like that she's shifting to a new story.

This storyline reminds me of the CLASSIC soap stuff from the 70s and 80s. The potential for a triangle with Dani/Arturo/Tea is just killing me. I HATE his hair, but even that works for the character. The chemistry is so strong between Arturo and Dani that this storyline could go so many places. And the glimpse we got of him with Tea was flawless. This is the type of gold you don't expect to find, but that they could play for years. I hope they recognize what they have and don't seen Arturo over the deep end. He could be a valuable character for many years.

• Members

I think it's easy enough for them to pick that up and say Alison drugged Natalie, with Nat either waking up after and hunting her down or having to remember. Maybe Clint's gone missing - who knows.

I think she had to have a way in too. You could even say the administrator who took the persistent Natalie up there was on the take, and led her into the trap, or he didn't expect Alison to still be there - maybe he turns up dead or goes missing. No way Alison would be there unless she knew she could get in and out.

• Members

Blair likening herself to a military wife waiting for her husband to return from war was hilarious, embarrassing and just...wow. Will she take it a step further in season 2 and liken Todd to Jesus? Bitch, please. Take a seat.

Aside from that, Jack/Kate, Dani/Arturo, Matthew/Michelle, and the absolute horrid acting by Jwoww, I thought the season finale was pretty good. The Buchanans boys and their broads saved it. Also Allison and Natalie's blood-curdling scream was a great ending shot.

I just wish we knew when or if the show was returning.

• Members

I had the exact same thought about picking up the cliffhanger months down the line. And it totally works in the context of Allison/Natalie. But where does that leave the other stories? Do we miss Carl's first few months in Llanview? Jeffrey/Destiny being more serious could work. Do we pick up months later on Arturo/Dani though? Is Michelle still dating Matthew in a few months? Because it seems like her psycho web of lies was about to explode in like the next few eps, not next few months, if hiatus hadn't come early. Jack/Kate? is the reality show already on the air? Is Clint back to sanity when we pick up with a season premiere? Or do they use a slight time jump to totally kill some of the stuff that wasn't working?

Oh and I really don't want Michelle to be Allison's/Mitch's daughter. You could tie her in to that story but that would just be connection overload.

Overall, I was disappointed yesterday but having some time to digest, for a thrown together finale that was unplanned, it mostly worked. It left me wanting S2 ASAP and that's what a decent finale does.

• Members

Looks like the Allison twist was filmed at the last minute, this is what SOD has in the recap for the finale:

"At the hospital, Natalie demands to see her father but a hospital official tells her it will be awhile before she can. Clint struggles to free himself from his hospital bed. A nurse injects him with a sedative. Natalie is finally led to her father's room but he's missing in action."

It also says Kate's panties are left under the school desk.

Archived