OLTL: Week of August 19, 2013 Discussion

• Members

Well Jen Pepperman said they have a wonderful story planned for Natalie. If Cutter's heavily involved and there's any kind of triangle with Nikki, I'm worried that JP wouldn't know wonderful if it bit her. It will be a shame if they continue this lazy misuse of Natalie Buchanan.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was disappointed with these last two eps as well after the past few weeks. The past weeks have been put together brilliantly and really flowed well. These two eps didn't. It seemed choppy.

There were great parts...all of Clint's scenes, Dani/Tea/Arturo were great.

I thought that Nikki going after Natalie seemed out of left field all of a sudden just to amp the dramatics of the party. Didn't fit to me.

Neither did the scenes with Jack. It would make sense that they cut out the two being caught/watched but then why not just wait til the first ep of Season Two and start off with a bang instead of just using these scenes as "filler" to try and make a half hour ep?

I was hoping for more background on Carl as well. Annoyed that it wasn't even touched. I like him being tied to Alison and most likely Michelle as well, but I wanted a different return. How many times can you have "Crazy" Alison show up??? It's repetitive and boring.

I am looking forward to Season Two tho. I was disappointed when I read they were making "Seasons" and taking a break from filming. The way a lot of this season seemed to be done on a whim, it might be best if they have the whole season thought out and planned ahead of time so it can be done better. I want the whole season to be like the last few weeks were instead of a rushed/choppy editing that these last two eps were.

• Members

JP also said that she will kick it up a notch with Cutter and Natalie plot and character wise in their storyline for next season, but I hope that Nikki won't be involved in their storyline that much! Less is more when it comes to Nikki/JWoww on OLTL!

• Members

They need to strengthen stories for Vicki, Dorian, Bo and Nora and Natalie first. Perhaps this Clint vs. Carl Petersen storyline might be the unifying thread that gives them all some tangible story in Season 2, I hope.

Do Ron Raines and Jerry Ver Dorn know each other? I had stopped watching GL consistently in the 90s (got caught up in school), and I only tuned back again occasionally the last few years before cancellation, so I don't know whether Ver Dorn's Ross Marler was on at the time Raines' Alan Spaulding was on.

I know that Hillary B. Smith was gone from ATWT by the time Paolo Seganti appeared but there seemed to be this look of recognition when their characters were introduced at Shelter on today's episode.

I got a chance to see that love scene between Arturo and Dani, boy that got my attention! OLTL did 'go there'. For some reason, I didn't think they would but they are a bit more willing to take risks than I thought. This has me curious as to where this relationship is headed...

• Members

Isn't that the same thing people feel for most soap characters?

I didn't see anything groundbreaking in her clip with Cutter but she was certainly no worse than a lot of soap actors I've seen. Plus she has a fanbase that these shows would be thrilled to leverage. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a long lost Lord/Buchanan/Manning by the end if the next taping cycle. LOL!

• Members

I notice that everybody keeps referring to this as the "season finale" and how things were as a "season," but I can't view it that way since I know it wasn't intended to end like this. These is not a true season finale, this is just the last episode they shot. Even at that, they had an entire day of shooting that was canceled due to the union issues. Had they continued they probably would've ended the same week as AMC and we'd probably have a more complete story. With that said, I was VERY happy with these final two episodes. As a make shift finale, I think it worked. I'm sure there are many things that would've been different had they known it was going to be a season finale.

• Members

I got no problem with JWoww or Nikki. I think she's a lot of fun and I hope they do expand her role. I do think she was on a bit too much in these two. I don't think they shortchanged Natalie in these episodes, though, and I don't think the writing was skewed against her or her thing with Cutter. I think that's going to continue to progress, or I hope so.

The episodes felt a bit airless after the last couple weeks - they stopped production dead and it was obvious not all of these stories were ready to be cliffhangered here. I thought they reached a good stopping point with Clint, Carl/Jeffrey, the Alison reveal and the Dani/Arturo stuff, but the rest could've been anything.

The Arturo and Dani scenes are still a cut above others - very well-written all along this season. And the creepy music, etc. was perfect, as was whatever he whispered to Téa.

I thought Clint took too little time at the MOTY podium - I was expecting some crazy speech. And then they kept setting up more with Michelle, which we didn't get. I just can't be bothered to care. I think it would be really [!@#$%^&*] stupid if she turned out to be "Alison's daughter" or some such nonsense. That's just cartoonish. She's nuts, maybe she has some other motive connected to the cartel, but you can't relate every psycho or bad guy to one another.

I have no idea how they're going to pick up that cliffhanger. Alison is right there. Maybe she drugs Nat and we pick up months later. I expected Alison to show, but I didn't have a problem with the surprise being her. It's a great surprise no matter whether you can anticipate it or not, because the character is a satisfying return - this was often the case with Mitch, who I usually saw coming miles away.

I have no idea why they played a little of a Rolling Stones track, which had to be expensive, over Kate and Jack doing it. I was hoping they'd get caught.

I loved Viki having to riff on Dorian's portrait and its beauty for the auction. Hilarious.

It's been an uneven first "season" but not a bad one, IMO. I've been pretty happy despite some things I could heavily critique, and some big stories are kicking into high gear. We can't return soon enough!

Archived